Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to setup ODBC connection in RHEL5 64 bit and MySql 5.0 Post 302646449 by roopalidalvi231 on Friday 25th of May 2012 07:21:00 AM
Old 05-25-2012
Unable to setup ODBC connection in RHEL5 64 bit and MySql 5.0

Hi ,

I am unable to setup ODBC connection in RHEL5 64 bit and MySql 5.0
I had modified ODBC.ini file , set the env variables such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
ODBCINI , ODBCSYSINI etc .
Getting the error as
Code:
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Kindly help

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO ODBC connection to Vista?

Hi, I'm trying to make an odbc connection to a SCO db using Vista, but I'm having some troubles. In the past I have used Vision97 on either windows 98 and XP, but it will not install on Vista. Is there an alternative driver that I can use to make my connection? Any other workaround? Thanks, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knewknow
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Oracle 9i ODBC connection

I am attempting to access an Oracle 9i database located on a Solaris server from an XP client. The server is running Oracle 9i9.2.0.1.0 and the XP is Oracle client 9i 9.2.0.1.0. When I start a listener on the server, the listener starts but I receive a message “The listener supports no services”. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

vsftpd with ssl support on rhel5 64 bit

Hi Friends, I am trying to configure vsftpd server 2.0.5 on rhel5 64 bit installation. I am getting an error when initiating an ssl connection. I am using filezilla 3.0 ftp client. Client is specifically using passive mode connection. I can see the client is able to connect to the server,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java1.6 for rhel5 32 bit

where can I download java1.6 for rhel5 32 bit. find it hard to search on the net. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

DB2 ODBC connectivity problem in RHEL5 32 bit

Hi, I installed Db2 9.7 on RHEL5 32bit . Instance Name is db2inst1 amd in that i created database as mydb. I exported env variables for classpath ,db2dir,db2instance LD_LIBRARY_PATH ,PATH ,ODBC, ODBCHOME ,ODBCINI My application needs ODBC connectivity and so I modified odbc.ini file . ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopalidalvi231
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS

Hi, I am new to Linux OS. My question is that "is it possible to install 32 Bit application on 64 Bit OS?" I have the following Redhat OS on VMware workstation. OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 | 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 While installing the application I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Establish ODBC connection from Linux

Hi All, I want to establish a ODBC connection to a database from linux and query the tables of a database. Please let me know how I can achieve this. Thanks and Regards Nagaraja Akkivalli. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
0 Replies
PDO_ODBC-DSN(3) 							 1							   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)

PDO_ODBC DSN - Connecting to ODBC or DB2 databases

The PDO_ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) is composed of the following elements:

o DSN prefix
		-  The	DSN  prefix is odbc:. If you are connecting to a database cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog, you can
		append the cataloged name of the database to the DSN.

o DSN
		- The name of the database as cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog. Alternately, you  can  provide  a  complete
		ODBC connection string to connect to a database as described at http://www.connectionstrings.com/.

o UID  -	The  name  of the user for the connection. If you specify the user name in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of the user name
		argument in the PDO constructor.

o PWD - The password of the user for the connection. If you specify the password in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of  the  password
		argument in the PDO constructor.

Example #1

PDO_ODBC DSN example (ODBC driver manager)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an ODBC database cataloged as testdb in the ODBC driver manager:

odbc:testdb

Example #2

PDO_ODBC DSN example (IBM DB2 uncataloged connection)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an IBM DB2 database named SAMPLE using the full ODBC DSN syntax:

odbc:DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};HOSTNAME=localhost;PORT=50000;DATABASE=SAMPLE;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID=db2inst1;PWD=ibmdb2;

Example #3

PDO_ODBC DSN example (Microsoft Access uncataloged connection)

The  following  example	shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to a Microsoft Access database stored at C:db.mdb using the full ODBC
	      DSN syntax:

odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\db.mdb;Uid=Admin

PHP Documentation Group 													   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)