Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep and sed exact match questions Post 302645679 by jayan_jay on Thursday 24th of May 2012 02:35:29 AM
Old 05-24-2012
Question 1: ( $ here denotes the end of the grep pattern )
Code:
$ grep ^CAR$CAR_NUMBER"_KEY"$KEY_NUMBER$ car.txt

Sorry, I am not clear about the 2nd question ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exact Match thru grep ?????

hey..... i do have text where the contents are like as follows, FILE_TYPE_NUM_01=FILE_TYPE=01|FILE_DESC=Periodic|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=B FILE_TYPE_NUM_02=FILE_TYPE=02|FILE_DESC=NCTO|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=M... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed or grep to find exact match of text

Hi, Can anyone help me with the text editing I need here. I have a file that contains the following lines for example: (line numbers are for illustration only) 1 Hello world fantasy. 2 Hello worldfuntastic. 3 Hello world wonderful. I would like to get all those lines of text that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
5 Replies

3. Solaris

grep exact match

Hi This time I'm trying to grep for an exact match e.g cat.dog.horse.cow.bird.pig horse.dog.pig pig.cat.horse.dog horse dog dog pig.dog pig.dog.bird how do I grep for dog only so that a wc -l would result 2 in above case. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 06:33 AM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

QUESTION1: grep only exact string. QUESTION2: find and replace only exact value with sed

QUESTION1: How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1 CAR2_KEY0 CAR2_KEY1 CAR1_KEY10 CURRENT COMMAND LINE: WHERE VARIABLE CAR_NUMBER=1 AND KEY_NUMBER=1 grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and sed exact match questions

This post was previously mistaken for homework, but is actually a small piece of what I working on at work. Please answer if you can. QUESTION1 How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep two words with exact match

HI Input : Counters Counter Int Ints Counters Counters Ints Ints I want to grep Counter|Int Output : Counter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for exact match using grep

I am searching for an exact match on a value read from another file to lookup an email address in another file. The file being checked is called "contacts" and it has Act #, email address, and contact person. 1693;abc1693@yahoo.comt;Tommy D 6423;abc6423@yahoo.comt;Jim Doran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or sed - printing line only with exact match

Hello. In my script, some command return : q | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | x86_64 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | i586 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep exact match

Hello! I have 2 files named tacs.tmp and tacDB.txt tacs.tmp looks like this 0 10235647 102700 106800 107200 1105700 tacDB.txt looks like this 100100,Mitsubishi,G410,Handheld,,0,0,0 100200,Siemens,A53,Handheld,,0,0,0 100300,Sony Ericsson,TBD (AAB-1880030-BV),Handheld,,0,0,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for an exact match in a file

I am currently having some issues while trying to grep for a exact string inside a file. I have tried doing this from command line and things work fine i.e. when no match is found, return code=1 but when its done as part of my script it returns 0 for the same command - I dont know if there is an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ads89
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)