Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Virtual Memory Usage a Process Post 302645599 by methyl on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 07:25:20 PM
Old 05-23-2012
But ... in HP-UX you need to invoke the Berkeley unix ps command with this somewhat unusual syntax:
Code:
UNIX95= ps -o vsz -pxxxxx
Where xxxxx is the process ID.

The space character after the equals sign is mandatory. The space character after -p is not mandatory.

Last edited by methyl; 05-23-2012 at 08:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i get The total size of the process in virtual memory om GB or MB

Hello all im using the ps -ef "args vsz" | some.exe but the result is in kb , is there some kind of way or flag ( didnt found in the ps man ) to convert me this data to GB or MG in human readable format ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to restrict memory usage by a process

we are running red hat ES4 and i would like to know if there is anyway of restrcting the maximum amount of memory that a process can get? I have a single preocess that is taking >13GB. Thanks, Frank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory usage of a process

hi all, i want to write a script that checks the memory usage of processes and send a mail with the name of the process witch is using more then 300mb RAM. dose anybody have a sample script or an idea how i can make it ? PROCCESSES="snmpd sendmail" for myVar in $PROCCESSES do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

how could I get a process Memory Usage

I use pstat API to get Process Infomation I would like to get a process 1.process owner 2.how many physical memory and virtual memory and total memory used(KB) and usage(%) 3.a process excution file create time 4.a process excution file access time I do't know which attribute it i need ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process self-exec and virtual memory size

Hello all, To do a self-exec or self-restart of a process when it crosses the threshold memory limit, I use the value of virtual memory size field from /proc/$pid/stat file and do a self-exec. According to man 5 proc vsize %lu Virtual memory size in bytes. I just want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

collecting memory usage by a process

Hi Guys, I work on a AIX environment and I'm trying to write a script where I can collect all the memory used by a process. Basically I'm executing the command 'ps -fu userid' to get all the process ids and then executing the 'ps v PID' to get all the memory allocated by PPID. My question is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Java process showing high virtual memory

Hi All, I have a java process which is showing high virtual memory utilization in client server. But the same process is showing comparitively lesser virtual memory consumption. I understand that virtual memory shown is not of much importance for the general user in normal condition, my client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mritusmoi
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Process memory usage

hi all gurus: I want to find out Solaris process memory usage, but got a bit confused, see if any one can provide me some guidance. i tend to use prstat -a to get total memory consumption by user (I know prstat likely have a bug that simply sum up the memory, regardless if the memory being... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oakville
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Find memory usage for a process

I have multiple oracle databases on one server. All the database are running from the same user i.e. oraent. The process for each database can be distinguished by the ps -ef command Eg : ps -ef | grep oraentThe Output : oraent 5361 1 0 20:58:05 ? 0:00 oracledb1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashreads
11 Replies
Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage(3)

NAME
Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage - the usage description for GLD VERSION
version 0.096 SYNOPSIS
use Getopt::Long::Descriptive; my ($opt, $usage) = describe_options( ... ); $usage->text; # complete usage message $usage->die; # die with usage message DESCRIPTION
This document only describes the methods of the Usage object. For information on how to use Getopt::Long::Descriptive, consult its documentation. METHODS
new my $usage = Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage->new(\%arg); You really don't need to call this. GLD will do it for you. Valid arguments are: options - an arrayref of options leader_text - the text that leads the usage; this may go away! text This returns the full text of the usage message. leader_text This returns the text that comes at the beginning of the usage message. option_text This returns the text describing the available options. warn This warns with the usage message. die This throws the usage message as an exception. $usage_obj->die(\%arg); Some arguments can be provided pre_text - text to be prepended to the usage message post_text - text to be appended to the usage message The "pre_text" and "post_text" arguments are concatenated with the usage message with no line breaks, so supply this if you need them. AUTHORS
o Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@cpan.org> o Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2005 by Hans Dieter Pearcey. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-04 Getopt::Long::Descriptive::Usage(3)