Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Virtualization options for HP-UX 11.31 Post 302645489 by magdal on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 02:21:28 PM
Old 05-23-2012
vPars or IVM

Hello again

depends what you plan to do ... and what is the rest of the equipment [storage etc].

If it is a test & dev environment you will enjoy the flexibility of IVM.
If it is more of a production environment you should know that most of the installed base uses vPars , however IVM now that both are software based can easily compare.
I will need more info especially about the apps you are going to use to make a more educated suggestion.

Regards

C.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtualization Related Help!!

Hi, My script needs to find out if it is running on a virtual machine. If it is then it needs to find out. 1 . The number of virtual processors. 2 . Actual physical box onto which the virtual machine is hosted. 3 .Processors on the physical machine. Actually there are some commands like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Redhat Virtualization 2.2

Hi Friends, Is there any one who is working on Redhat Virtualization (RHEV -- KVM)? Regards, Arumon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
4 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtualization problems

Hi everyone. Last week we have some hardware problems in our Unixware 7 server, and i decided to change this physical machine into a virtual machine. The scenario is: architecture=IA32 bus_types=PCI2.10,ISA,PnP1.0 hostname=tecsup2uw.tecsupaqp.edu hw_provider=Generic AT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris virtualization

Hi everyone, I have ten servers with solaris (diffrent versions). there is solaris 10, solaris 6 and solaris 8. some are SPARC and some are x86 I would like to move them to one server so they all will be virtual. Is it possible? how? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bregtux
4 Replies

6. Linux

Virtualization best practices

Hello admins and gurus I have a controversial topic: now we are investing in a new Linux OS that will hold our Sybase database. The server will virtualized on a VMware server hosted on SAN storage. Now the question is, when we install the database engine is it better - in terms of performance -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtualization on vmware

Got tired of messing around with real hardware old and others.. Decided to spend some $$ for a QUAD-core dual cpu laptop with 8 gig of ram and 1 TB disk space.. running VMware workstation 10 on windows 8.0 , with a pair of solx86 vcs 5.1 cluster and a pair of rhel 6.4 vcs 6.x cluster.. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Virtualization

Hello All, To start with, I am not an expert of solaris and VMs. Unfortunately, I can't find a direct or understandable (at least to me) answer to my question online. So please, excuse me if my question will sound dumb to you. :o We have 2 remaining solaris 8 servers are on sparc... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: forextrafun
9 Replies
cf(1)																	     cf(1)

NAME
       cf - Confluence compiler

SYNOPSIS
	   cf [options] [file] [arguments]

DESCRIPTION
       Confluence  is  a functional programming language for reactive system design, including digital logic systems (ASIC, FPGA) and control ori-
       ented hard real-time software.

The Confluence compiler (cf) translates a Confluence description into Verilog and VHDL (for digital logic synthesis), C (for simulation and
       software targets), and NuSMV (for formal verification, via model checking).

OPTIONS
       -h OR -help Prints this information then exits.

-b filename OR -base_env filename

Sets the base environment for the compilation.
		     Overrides the CF_ENV

environment variable.
		     If CF_ENV not defined and -base_env option not set, the base environment defaults to /usr/share/confluence/base.cf.

-e integer OR -error_limit integer

Sets the maximum number of reported errors.
		     A negative number reports all errors.

-c OR -compile_only Parses and compiles, but does not evaluate a program.

-o name

Sets the output file name.
		     Default is out.fnf.

-test Run the built in unit tests.

ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
       CF_ENV A filename that specifies the base environment (commonly base.cf).

CF_LIB The directory location of the Confluence standard library (optional).

VERSION

AUTHOR
       Tom Hawkins (tomahawkins@yahoo.com)

SEE ALSO
       http://www.confluent.org/

COPYRIGHT
       Copyright (C) 2003-2005 Tom Hawkins

31 January 2010							     cf(1)