Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse file name out of UNC path Post 302645455 by bytesnoop on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 12:14:32 PM
Old 05-23-2012
Thanks for the quick feedback. How would I parse out everything BUT the file name? In other words, how can I parse our just the folder path?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse value from multiple row to create the path

Hi all, Hope all the expert can help me in this situation. Let say I have one file with multiple record like below: NAME=FRAGMENT LANGUAGE=1 DIALECT=0 GENDER=NONE FILE=TEST1 DIRECTORY=D:/DETAILS/1/0/test1.txt END NAME=FRAGMENT LANGUAGE=1 DIALECT=0 GENDER=NONE (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirleyeow
13 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Long UNC path not working in CMD.EXE on remote machine

Hi, I am trying to connect to a remote server using Plink tool. Both my local and remote machines are Windows. On remote server, I have OpenSSH server installed. I am able to run commands on remote machine but there is some problem with long UNC path, which I noticed today. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to connect UNC Filepaths on Domain

I'm trying to use Perl on Windows (Doh!) to connect to a folder on a Domain Controller via UNC. Right now, I have perl -e "`runas /user:DOMAIN\\Username dir \\\\SERVER\\d\$\\Path`" This does not seem to connect nor does it prompt for password. Should I try throwing it into a script and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse output path to set variable

I am looking to parse a text file output and set variables based on what is cropped from the parsing. Below is my script I am looking to add this feature too. All it does is scan a certain area of users directories for anyone using up more than X amount of disk space. It then writes to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: es760
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine if variable is the Server component of UNC

Hi all, Using sh/csh, unfortunately shell scripts are not my strong suit. Trying to write a script that gets called from a program for pre-processing. The program passes individual components of a UNC (//server/path1/path2/filename). Thus the unc path of: //server/path1/path2/filename, is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Directory path - awk

Hi All, Need some help in parsing a directory listing .. output into 2 files Input file level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001,10,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001/blu1,,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001/clu1,,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora002,,IBB24... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
cs_parse_string(3)						      cs/cs.h							cs_parse_string(3)

NAME
cs_parse_string - parse a CS template string SYNOPSIS
#include <cs/cs.h> NEOERR *cs_parse_string (CSPARSE *parse, char *buf, size_t blen); ARGUMENTS
parse - a CSPARSE structure created with cs_init buf - the string to parse. Embedded NULLs are not currently supported blen - the length of the string DESCRIPTION
cs_parse_string parses a string. The string is modified, and internal references are kept by the parse tree. For this reason, ownership of the string is transfered to the CS system, and the string will be free'd when cs_destroy() is called. The parse information will be appended to the current parse tree. During parse, the only HDF variables which are evaluated are those used in evar or include statements. RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
cs_dump(3), cs_destroy(3), cs_render(3), cs_register_esc_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parsev(3), cs_register_fileload(3), cs_init(3), cs_regis- ter_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parse(3), cs_parse_string(3), cs_parse_file(3), =(3), cs_register_function ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cs_parse_string(3)