Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While or For with looping contructs? to create files from contents of a text file Post 302645201 by zaxxon on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 06:15:06 AM
Old 05-23-2012
In fact a combination of your first step with cut and the touch can look like this:
Code:
# awk '{print $NF}' infile| xargs touch

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through each line of text file

Dear all, I have a text file like below. eg.txt abcd efgh ijkl mnop I need a script, which should read the text file eg.txt and assign each line as a parameter. This , i wil use further to pass it a java command to invoke. All inside a for loop Need your help on this. With... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX

Hi I need to create multiple text files from onc text file on AIX. The data of text files is as below: ********************************************** ********************************************** DBVERIFY: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue Nov 10 13:45:42 2009 Copyright (c) 1982,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looping/Reading file contents not working

Hi, I am doing something basic, but I am missing something. Im trying to read the contents of a file and taking those values and connecting to a database. However, it only connect to one (or reads in) value and then exists. Here is what it looks like: listname.txt db1 db2 db3 Script:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
15 Replies

7. Programming

Looping and caling in a text file C++

Hi , I am trying to create a loop to call in the entries from the text file named Set. The entries of Set.txtare : 1 2 3 2 4 5 and so on .. (64 such combinations) it basically means the first combination for testing is 1 2 3 and next has to be 2 4 5 and so i have 64 such entries defined... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siya@
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looping through the contents of array for output name

Hi all, I am trying to loop through the string contents of an array, to add it during the saving of the output files. I am trying this code to print each column and save it to unique file name, but it doesn't work. Thanks for any help. fnam=(japan usa uk) alldata.dat contained sample data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ida1215
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with looping through file contents

Hi, I have a several files with ".out" extension in a folder and each file has the below like contents .... appname: wonder1 ..... logname78.log logname88.log ..... CAP: 2 ..... appname: wonder54 ...... logname28.log logname58.log logname54.log ..... CAP: 3 ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)