Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Create file for group of data: Post 302645043 by kumar444 on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 02:11:23 AM
Old 05-23-2012
Create file for group of data:

Hi folks,
I have the following data.Any help is greatly appreciated.

order File_name
7222245 7222245.pdf
7222245 7222245a.pdf
7222245 7222245b.pdf
7222245 7222245c.pdf
7222245 7222245d.pdf
7222250 7222250.pdf
7222250 7222250a.pdf
7222250 7222250b.pdf

I have to create files in the below manner using above records for every unique order i have to group the corresponding file names and put them in a seperate file.

For example output for above set is :
7222245.txt
>>7222245.pdf
>>7222245a.pdf
>>7222245b.pdf
>>7222245c.pdf
>>7222245d.pdf
------------------------------------
7222250.txt
>>7222250.pdf
>>7222250a.pdf
>>7222250b.pdf
-------------------------------------

Note: Name of the file is Order.txt and the content is grouped file names.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create a file and enter data in columns

Hello!!!!!!!! I have an issue regarding inserting records in a file columnwise.Is it possible using awk/nawk script? Example: File1: 1|AAA|25|2 5|qqe|20|7 4|wer|31|81 I need to create a second file in which data can be inserted in a columnwise manner i.e. File2: AAA|25|1|2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeet1409
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file by data group

Hi all, I'm having a little trouble solving a file split I need to get done. I have the following data: 1. Light 1A. Light Soft texture: it's soft color: the color value is that of something light vital statistics: srm: 23 og: 1.035 sp: 1.065 comment: this is nice if you like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create new group/delete existing group

Hi, please let me know the commands to create new group/delete existing group in unix and assigning users to newly created group. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy data form File A and Create File B

File A I have list of : ABCND1 ABCND2 ABCnd3 ABCnd4 I want file B like below Start+ S Pate=ABCND1 AAlo1 S Pate=ABCND1 Q1234 S Pate=ABCND1,P12345 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create txt file form data file and add some line on it

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt File A Data AK1521 AK2536 AK3164 I want create text file of all data above and write some data on each file. want Output on below folder /home/kka/out AK1521.txt Hi Welocme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create file every year and log data to it

Hi there, Here is what I currently have and trying to come up with a logic to automatically append logs to a respective year file. The log files might get generated everyday or any other day, irrespective of which I want to copy all of the logs for that year into one file /tmp/<year>.log and then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create file based on data from two other files

I have looked through several threads regarding merging files with awk and attempted using join however have been unsuccessful likely as I do not fully understand awk. What I am attempting is to take a csv file which could be between 1 and 15,000 lines with 5 colums and another csv file that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdubu2
4 Replies
QPDFVIEW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QPDFVIEW(1)

NAME
qpdfview - tabbed PDF viewer SYNOPSIS
qpdfview [options] [file(s)[#page[#top]]] DESCRIPTION
qpdfview is a simple document viewer for PDF documents. It uses the poppler library for rendering. OPTIONS
--unique If an instance of qpdfview is started with this option, any files that are opened using this option afterwards, are opened as tabs in this same window. If a file is already opened in a tab of the respective window, it is merely reloaded using this option. [file(s)[#page[#top]]] Specifies the files to open when qpdfview starts. If this is not specified, qpdfview will open a blank window. Multiple files can be loaded in separate tabs if the file names are separated by spaces. The optional parameter #page opens the file at the given page. The optional parameter #top can take values between 0 and 1 and opens the page with the given position aligned to the top of the tab. (See examples.) CONFIGURATION FILE
qpdfview uses a configuration file usually located at "~/.config/qpdfview/qpdfview.conf", which allows configuration of the toolbars and thumbnails. The keys "fileToolBar", "editToolBar" and "viewToolBar" are added to the section "mainWindow". Their values are comma-separated lists. The default (available) entries are: fileToolBar: openInNewTab, refresh (open, saveCopy, print) editToolBar: currentPage, numberOfPages, previousPage, nextPage (firstPage, lastPage, jumpToPage, search) viewToolBar: scaleFactor, zoomIn, zoomOut (onePage, twoPages, oneColumn, twoColumns, fitToPage, fitToPageWidth, doNotScale, rotateLeft, rotateRight, fullscreen, presentation) The order of the items in the list defines the order of the items in the toolbar. (See examples.) Setting the keys "thumbnailWidth" and "thumbnailHeight" in the section "documentView" specifies the size of the thumbnails. The icon theme used by Qt can be overridden by setting the key "iconTheme" in the section "mainWindow". EXAMPLES
The command qpdfview foo.pdf#3#0.5 bar.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first tab with the middle of page 3 aligned to the top of the tab and bar.pdf in the second tab at the begin- ning of the document. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo.pdf#5 opens foo.pdf and bar.pdf, then reloads foo.pdf and displays its page 5. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf qpdfview bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo1.pdf bar1.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first window, bar.pdf in a second window and then foo1.pdf and bar1.pdf in additional tabs in the first window. Adding the lines fileToolBar=openInNewTab, refresh, saveCopy, print editToolBar=firstPage, previousPage, currentPage, numberOfPages, nextPage, lastPage, search viewToolBar=zoomOut, scaleFactor, zoomIn, oneColumn, twoColumns, rotateLeft, rotateRight in section "mainWindow" of the configuration file leads to the corresponding items being displayed in the given order in the tool- bars. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at https://launchpad.net/qpdfview. AUTHOR
Benjamin Eltzner <b.eltzner@gmx.de> March 2012 QPDFVIEW(1)