Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Variables in heredoc
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variables in heredoc Post 302644959 by Corona688 on Tuesday 22nd of May 2012 08:44:31 PM
Old 05-22-2012
You can put redirection and pipes after a here-doc so, something like
Code:
tee filename <<EOF | sendmail -t
EOF

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEREDOC with fdisk

Hi folks What I'm trying is to build a partitioning script. I can pass a HEREDOC to fdisk just fine. Like this: fdisk /dev/sda << EOF p q EOF but I don't know how to put that HEREDOC into a varible to pass it to fdisk. This is what I have tried so far (no luck) #!/bin/bash ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: latenite
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in SFTP using heredoc

Hi, I'm having heredoc to get files from ftp server. #!/bin/bash /export/opt/SCssh/3.7.1_C0/bin/sftp csi@192.168.1.100 <<GET_FILES lcd /WEBSERVER_LINK/data_logs/ ls -l pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out pub/csidata/CtcCatalog_7_3_3_Feed.out get... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

heredoc error check

Hi, Is there any way to check the error in heredoc? Code: /export/opt/SCssh/3.7.1_C0/bin/sftp -B - csi@192.168.1.100 <<FTP lcd /WEBSERVER_LINK/data_logs/ ls pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out get pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out quit FTP Now I want to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo multi-line string via heredoc syntax

$ cat bashtest #!/usr/local/bin/bash echo <<<"EOF" line1 line2 line3 EOF $ ./bashtest ./bashtest: line 3: line1: command not found ./bashtest: line 4: line2: command not found ./bashtest: line 5: line3: command not found ./bashtest: line 6: EOF: command not found What am i doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Concatenate Two Commands in script using heredoc?

Hello, I am trying to place two commands in heredoc below is the snippet if ;then actionOnTux="$actVerb" else actionOnTux="$actVerb" fi echo "Performing ACTION: $action on $tux@$srv .....\n" if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataria.anand
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Information on heredoc

Hi , I am using ksh on Aix 7.1 and found the below code in a script which is a bit confusing to me, any help will be appreciated <<comments put ${pathforfiles}/${ftpfilename} put ${logs}/${filename}.sch put ${logs}/${filename}.tgr comments I have searched for information on heredoc but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
2 Replies
tee(1)							      General Commands Manual							    tee(1)

NAME
tee - pipe fitting to copy standard output to file SYNOPSIS
[file]... DESCRIPTION
The command transcribes the standard input to the standard output and makes copies in the files. Options This option ignores interrupts. This option appends the output to the files rather than overwriting the files. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multibyte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
The command returns zero upon successful completion, or nonzero if the command fails. EXAMPLES
Write a list of users to the screen and also append the list to the file STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
tee(1)