Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Congratulations Neo for 10,000 Post Post 302644745 by Corona688 on Tuesday 22nd of May 2012 10:35:13 AM
Old 05-22-2012
...What!? Are you serious! Smilie I noticed a while ago but didn't think much of it, surely other people had beaten me to it right...? But nooooo. Smilie

Congratulations to Neo nonetheless.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations to Chile ! Bravo !!

On behalf of the forums, we are so happy to see such an amazingly rescue of the 33 miners. What a great and happy story of human endurance and team work to save miners trapped nearly 700 meters underground. Bravo Chile !! We salute you!!! (5 Replies)
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations to Corona688 for 20,000 Posts!

Please join me in congratulating and thanking Corona688 for 20,000 top quality posts at unix.com ! https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums112-picture651.png (11 Replies)
11 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations Scrutinizer for completing 3000 THANKS in the forum.

Hello Scrutinizer, Many Many Many heartily congratulations :b: to you sir(my/our HERO) to complete 3000 THANKS into the forum :b:. This shows how good you are in forums/answering people/helping/guiding people here. You are a true CHAMP, inspiration for LOT of people here. I THANK you for your... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
13 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations RudiC for completing 4000+ THANKS in forums.

Hello All forum members, I would like to take this opportunity to THANK RudiC for his tremendous achievement, guidance, help for helping in forums, let us join our hands together for his GREAT achievement :b: @Rudi sir, How are you sir? you ROCK, please keep up the great work sir :b: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies
people(2)							System Calls Manual							 people(2)

NAME
people - fetch a structure containing all ttys, whose owner behaves like a human SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/people.h> #include <asr.h> int people (struct ppl_tty **ttys); DESCRIPTION
The people function fetches a short description of every tty, whose coupled process behaves as an actual human. It returns a newly malloc'ed array with just enough elements to contain all elements needed for this. The struct ppl_tty is declared as: struct ppl_tty { char tty_path[MAX_PATH_LENGTH]; int is_erratic; int uses_jobcontrol; int is_amoron; int is_aluser; int has_aclue; pid_t pgrp_leader; }; RETURN VALUES
On success people returns the number of elements in ttys , on failure it returns -1 and errno is set to an appropriate value. ERRORS
ENOENT There are no human-behavioured processes on the system EBUSY The kernel is busy and will not stand this silly behaviour. Caution to call people again, from the same process, as the kernel might kill it right away. ENODEV See ENOENT above. EUSERS Too many of the people found were lusers. The cut-off for this error is system dependent, but is usually about 3. EXAMPLE
#include <sys/people.h> #include <asr.h> #include <signal.h> int main (int argc, char **argv) { struct ppl_tty **ttys; int rv,c; rv=people(ttys); if (rv!=-1) { for (c=0;c<rv;c++) if ((ttys[c].is_amoron)||(ttys[c].is_aluser)) { kill(-(ttys[c].pgrp_leader),SIGKILL); } } else { ; /* Handle errors in a graceful way... */ } } AUTHOR
This man page was written by Ingvar Mattsson, as a contribution to the a.s.r man page collection. 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 0.01 alpha people(2)