Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Create a dummy file even if the path is not exist Post 302644707 by radoulov on Tuesday 22nd of May 2012 09:51:23 AM
Old 05-22-2012
Code:
mkdir -p /home/satya/temp_dir/ && 
  echo dummy > /home/satya/temp_dir/file4.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Create dummy printer

On SCO Openserver we create a so called dummy printer that directs to /dev/null (we use this in our software to purge some stuff). Now I have SCO UnixWare 7.1.4, but I cannot create a dummy printer. I create the printer exactly as in Openserver by the Printer Manager, - Enter spoolname -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: p.vvugt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If file not exist create a new one

i want a script to check whether the file name exits or not if not it has to create a new one (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: din_annauniv
3 Replies

3. Linux

How to create zip file without path?

Hello, I have generated a PHP script that creates files needed for EPUB file. I have a temp directory where these files are created into and then needs to be zipped. The directory structure is: mimetype content.opf index.html stylesheet.css toc.ncx META-INF META-INF/container.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaze
4 Replies

4. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script for create a a file in the respective path

Hello forum members, I have to create a out file in the current path./aaa/bbb/ccc/hhh. i am writing script below. ###script Begins##### #!/bin/ksh echo "Weclome" if then echo "Hello" rm -rf $aaa/bbb/ccc/hhh #clean the exsisting o/p file echo "no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a dummy file in all directories that include a .jpg

Hello. My latest project has me with the need for the following script. Basically, any directory that includes a .jpg file needs to also have a ".picture" file created (if it doesn't exist). Here's an example of what I need. /mnt/user/Pictures/2011/Hawaii - 2011/.picture... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find + move if destination path does not exist

hi frnds, please help ... what will happen with below command if destination path does not exist on the system.... find /var/adm/cft* -mtime +1 -exec mv {} /global/ \ in unix its remove all my files from the system from soruce file ... how is it possbile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set variable to path that does not exist on local host

Can anyone suggest a workaround zone_5.org='/qaz/qwe/path/tns.osn' output /home/bingo/XXX_script.sh: line 180: zone_5.org=/qaz/qwe/path/tns.osn: no parent The path does not exist on the local machine, the allocation used to work till the server was upgraded. Red Hat Enterprise Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if a directory exist from a list of the path

Hello, i want to script on sh to check from a path if the directory exist and isn't empty. I explain: path is : /aaa/bbb/ccc/ccc_name/ddd/ Where the cccc_name is in a list, so i think it's $1 My command find -name /aaa/bbb/ccc/$1/ddd/ didn't work because my $1 is the same and not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A file or directory in the path does not exist

I'm brand new to AIX and I looked up how to print this file and it was working but now I'm not able to do it all of a sudden. the file name is rom1.txt so this is what i wrote in the command line and I know I'm in the right directory. In bold is what I seem to be messing up with. prod @ root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark0Prince
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)