Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users snmptrapd trap variable value truncated Post 302644461 by ahmad.zuhd on Tuesday 22nd of May 2012 01:50:51 AM
Old 05-22-2012
there is no problem at all, i get the message already truncated. so i didn't post any comment.

Actually the issue occurs because i got the trap forwarded from another snmp trap agent. so, it was truncated there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to activate snmptrapd deamon in solaris machine

hi i am able to see the snmpd service running in my machine. i would like to get activate snmptrapd deamon services in my solaris box, could any one suggest me in getting activate the snmptrapd service (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen.yenegal
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd.conf

Hi All Can anybody tell me how to configure snmptrapd.conf ? Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd.conf

i tried this to get snmptrapd.conf bt unable... # snmpconf The following installed configuration files were found: 1: /etc/snmp/snmp.conf 2: /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf 3: /usr/share/snmp/snmp.conf 4: /usr/share/snmp/snmpd.conf Would you like me to read them in? Their... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cntl+z Trap is not detecting ??? Help required to add a trap detection ???

Hi folks, I have tried to add some trap detection in the below script....this script is used to monitor database activities...in a rather awkward way :rolleyes:.... The idea behind adding trap is that....this script creates lots of temporary files in the running folder to store the count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd uses all the CPU and 4 Go memory

Hello all, Below what I saw on my solaris 10 box : $ prstat PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 683 root 4082M 91M run 10 0 41:45:39 96% snmptrapd/1 syslog gives a lot of : snmptrapd: illegal data attempted to be added to table nlmLogVariableTable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gino_75
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snmptrapd

Hi everybody, I'm trying to run a SNMP supervisor on Debian Lenny to supervise Uninteruptible Power Systems which support SNMP. I've installed snmp and snmpd debian packages for NET-SNMP 5.4.1 et i've configured /etc/snmp file with the snmpconf perl script : file /etc/snmp/snmp.conf #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dedibox
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to trap a variable

Hello, I need a hand please to do with trapping a variable. Basically I hold todays date in $lDate in form YYYYMMDD (e.g. 20120323) and I do: if test -f $impdata/DE${lDate}.ftp then DO STUFF! which works correctly. However the provider is now giving my an offset date (e.g.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chas
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logOption warning in snmptrapd.conf

Hi, trying to get snmp traps logged in /var/log/messages. I put this option in snmptrapd.conf: logOption Ls d then restarting the snmptrad daemon I got this warning: Unknown token: logoption. and server is not logging traps. Starting snmptrapd manually works, traps are logged.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutrino
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

VM trap may work differently than a pure install trap.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: That is the last reply I received from my instructor, and I'm looking for some alternatives. When using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newuser45
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8

I need to configure snmptrap on rhel 8 server and send trap to nimsoft for file system , memory and cpu load and network diconnection status. please help me, if any one configured. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yash_message
1 Replies
NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)						     Net-SNMP						       NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)

NAME
send_easy_trap, send_trap_vars, send_v2trap - send TRAPs or INFORMs from a Net-SNMP MIB module SYNOPSIS
#include <net-snmp/agent/agent_trap.h> void send_easy_trap(int trap, int specific); void send_trap_vars(int trap, int specific, struct variable_list *vars); void send_v2trap(struct variable_list *vars); DESCRIPTION
These three routines may be used to send traps from a MIB module within the Net-SNMP agent (including an AgentX subagent). send_easy_trap() sends an SNMPv1 trap (or the SNMPv2 equivalent) to the list of configured trap destinations (or "sinks"), using the pro- vided values for the generic trap type, and specific trap value. send_trap_vars() is similar, but appends the supplied list of variable bindings to the traps that are sent. send_v2trap() uses the supplied list of variable bindings to form an SNMPv2 trap, which is sent to SNMPv2-capable sinks on the configured list. An equivalent INFORM is sent to the configuredq list of inform sinks. Sinks that can only handle SNMPv1 traps are skipped. The various "send_trap()" calls allow you to specify traps in different formats. And the various "trapsink" directives allow you to spec- ify destinations to receive different formats. But *all* traps are sent to *all* destinations, regardless of how they were specified. I.e. it's ___ trapsink / send_easy_trap ___ [ Trap ] ____ trap2sink ___ [ Generator ] send_v2trap / [ ] ----- informsink ____ trapsess *Not* send_easy_trap -------------------> trapsink send_v2trap -------------------> trap2sink ???? -------------------> informsink ???? -------------------> trapsess WARNINGS
These routines are used to send the traps immediately they are called. Invoking them at the appropriate time is left to the MIB module programmer. SEE ALSO
snmpd.conf(5), snmptrapd(8) V5.6 13 Aug 2010 NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)