Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix path stored as a column in table Post 302644401 by 2jnags on Monday 21st of May 2012 09:25:30 PM
Old 05-21-2012
I figured it out by using

eval echo $pth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where is my unix id stored in the system?

Hi, I logged in to a Sun unix box. I would like to know where my unix id is stored. So I did a "more /etc/passwd | grep <my unix id> but it did not show up. Where can I find my unix id and what is the command to see it? Thanks in advanced, XZOR (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Stored Procdure

I have 2 stored procedures to be executed. if the sysdate is between 12 am and 6 am i want to run procedure 1 else procedure 2 How do i do it with variables for time in the script. The DB is oracle Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting column names from a table.. SQL with UNIX

:rolleyes: hi there everybody, i need help,... thanks anyway! i am working on a very huge table with the name table1. the problem is that i know only one field name in this table..., working with a ksh environment i don't know how to view the table to check out the field names :confused:. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmina
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating a column in a unix table for a particular row

Hi, I have the following requirement. I have a unix table as below progname par1 par2 par3 par4 PROG1 abc def 0012 ooo PROG2 wed xas 0100 xxx PROG3 kkk ppp 0004 ppp Different programs(ex:PROG1,PROG2..) accesses this table and update... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling stored procedure from unix

Hi, My stored procedure returns a value. How to retrieve the value and display in unix. Stored procedure CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE gohan(num INT) IS BEGIN DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('My lucky number is ' || num); END; Unix Scripting i used sqlplus -s... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gohan3376
7 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

From column to table

Hi, I have an ascii file containing information. This file is n x m lines. Is there a way to generate an ascii file where the information is stored as n x m table instead? The m columns should be tab separated. Thanks a lot, Sarah (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Construct 3 column table from one column list

Hi all! trying my best to parse a public site for information (ie fiscal year and turnover) about corporations. Doing this by having a file with business name and registration number (search key) the file bolag.txt currently looks like this Burgundy 556732-7217 AcademicSearch 556406-9879... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: martindebruin
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split column data if the table has n number of column's

please write a shell script Table -------------------------- 1 2 3 a b c 3 4 5 c d e 7 8 9 f g h Output should be like this --------------- 1 2 3 3 4 5 7 8 9 a b c c d e f g h (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priti2277
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split column data if the table has n number of column's with some record

Split column data if the table has n number of column's with some record then how to split n number of colmn's line by line with records Table --------- Col1 col2 col3 col4 ....................col20 1 2 3 4 .................... 20 a b c d .................... v ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priti2277
11 Replies
PTH-CONFIG(1)						       GNU Portable Threads						     PTH-CONFIG(1)

NAME
pth-config - Pth library build utility VERSION
GNU Pth 2.0.7 (08-Jun-2006) SYNOPSIS
pth-config [--help] [--version] [--all] [--prefix] [--exec-prefix] [--bindir] [--libdir] [--includedir] [--mandir] [--datadir] [--acdir] [--cflags] [--ldflags] [--libs] DESCRIPTION
The pth-config program is a little helper utility for easy configuring and building applications based on the pth(3) library. It can be used to query the C compiler and linker flags which are required to correctly compile and link the application against the pth(3) library. OPTIONS
pth-config accepts the following options: --help Prints the short usage information. --version Prints the version number and date of the installed pth(3) library. --all Forces the output of all flags, that is, including extra flags which are not Pth specific. --prefix Prints the installation prefix of architecture independent files --exec-prefix Prints the installation prefix of architecture dependent files. --bindir Prints the installation directory of binaries. --libdir Prints the installation directory of libraries. --includedir Prints the installation directory of include headers. --mandir Prints the installation directory of manual pages. --datadir Prints the installation directory of shared data. --acdir Prints the installation directory of autoconf data. --cflags Prints the C compiler flags which are needed to compile the pth(3)-based application. The output is usually added to the "CFLAGS" vari- able of the applications "Makefile". --ldflags Prints the linker flags ("-L") which are needed to link the application with the pth(3) library. The output is usually added to the "LDFLAGS" variable of the applications "Makefile". --libs Prints the library flags ("-l") which are needed to link the application with the pth(3) library. The output is usually added to the "LIBS" variable of the applications "Makefile". EXAMPLE
CC = cc CFLAGS = -O `pth-config --cflags` LDFLAGS = `pth-config --ldflags` LIBS = -lm `pth-config --libs` all: foo foo: foo.o $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o foo foo.o $(LIBS) foo.o: foo.c $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c foo.c SEE ALSO
pth(3), cc(1). AUTHOR
Ralf S. Engelschall rse@engelschall.com www.engelschall.com 08-Jun-2006 GNU Pth 2.0.7 PTH-CONFIG(1)