Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ext File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ext File Post 302644123 by JolietJake on Monday 21st of May 2012 10:41:19 AM
Old 05-21-2012
Generating a list of fields and values

How would I go about retrieving all the fields that begin with
dbt_xxxxxxxx= in the file and generating a file with every field
listed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename file to file.ext.datetime

Hi, I need to rename a file like this to include date and time: Original File : error.log Date time: Sep 20, 2007 14:10:10 New File Name: error.log.20070920_1410 How can I get date and time stame and include it in mv command. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tripsat
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with a ext. modem on SCO 5.0.5

I am fully capable of reading a book to get the answers or looking to the web, but no one has the answer to this one. I had a Zoom 56K V34 Plus external modem (2836A) attached to my Unix box for about ten years without a flaw. This weekend I couldn't access the box remotely through the modem and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scivic
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shred() not working on ext* file systems

When vfat format my128kb flash drive, shred works fine. But, when I format it using ext2 or ext3, shred() exits with this error: shred: /dev/sdb1: pass 1/1 (random)... shred: /dev/sdb1: error writing at offset 12288: Invalid argumentAnyone know what is going on? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: codecellar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Limitation on *.ext

Is there a size limit when passing an argument using wildcards? I.E. when I pass an argument in the form (like) "ftp_auto *.txt" - is there a limitation on the size of UNIX expanding "*.txt" ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

du -s *.ext (total)

How would I get a total of a wildcard of files from the 'du' command? du -s *.pdf Result: 736 11mens_bracket.pdf 64 2011_NIT_Bracket_3_13_11.pdf 80 Doing more with Less part1.pdf 1064 Doing more with Less part2.pdf 28 Parkview_1309_Garage.pdf 3964 statsheet-bracket-2011.pdf Expected... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate name diff file ext

Hi All I have converted a load of files to different formats but I am now left with a folder with loads of differnt files All of them are called the same, the only differnce is the file extension (Sizes also vary so cannot do anything with MD5) example file1.abc file1.xyz file2.abc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tofa83
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log ext

I have a script that does log rotation, at 10000k, it will print out the logs as follows: name.date.0.log(1gb) name.date.1.log(1gb) name.date.2.log(200mb) << current log being written to at midnight it reverts back to : name.date.0.log(size) I want it to be able to go past date.9.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbenn
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

One router, 2 machines, to OS, 2 different ext. IP's?

I even don't dare to ask for a hint, but as I am looking for clues may someone can help me, though reading me bsd handbook. It is about one machine running as media play studio with a debian distro and one machine running bsd 10.2 connected to one router. By booting first the debian machine it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
4 Replies
OGMDEMUX(1)							   User Commands						       OGMDEMUX(1)

NAME
ogmdemux - Extract streams from OGG/OGM files into separate files SYNOPSIS
ogmdemux [options] inname DESCRIPTION
This program extracts all or only some streams from an OGM and writes them to separate files. inname Use 'inname' as the source. -o, --output out Use 'out' as the base for destination file names. '-v1', '-v2', '-a1', '-t1'... will be appended to this name. Default: use 'inname'. -a, --astream n Extract specified audio stream. Can be used more than once. Default: extract all streams. -d, --vstream n Extract specified video stream. Can be used more than once. Default: extract all streams. -t, --tstream n Extract specified text stream. Can be used more than once. Default: extract all streams. -na, --noaudio Don't extract any audio streams. -nv, --novideo Don't extract any video streams. -nt, --notext Don't extract any text streams. Default: extract all streams. -r, --raw Extract the raw streams only. Default: extract to useful formats (AVI, WAV, OGG, SRT...). -v, --verbose Increase verbosity. -h, --help Show this help. -V, --version Show version number. NOTES
What works: * Extraction of the following formats is fully supported including writing the stream contents to useful container formats: video -> AVI Vorbis -> OGG/Vorbis PCM -> WAV text -> text files (SRT subtitle format) * All other audio streams (MP3, AC3) are just copied 1:1 into output files. MP3 and AC3 files should be usable. Others might not. What not works: * Headers created by older OggDS (DirectShow) filter versions are not supported (and probably never will be). AUTHOR
ogmdemux was written by Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>. SEE ALSO
ogmmerge(1), ogmsplit(1), ogminfo(1), ogmcat(1), dvdxchap(1) WWW
The newest version can always be found at <http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/> <http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/> ogmdemux v1.5 November 2004 OGMDEMUX(1)