Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Nagios configuration support on Linux Post 302643859 by zefiro on Sunday 20th of May 2012 10:28:44 PM
Old 05-20-2012
hi

if u need execute a query in oracle u can do it this way

Code:
echo "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TABLE;"  | sqlplus -s user/pass@IP:port/SID

with that code u can create your own oracle monitoring scritps

Regards,

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

nagios configuration

HI all, This is my first topic in this forum. I have a test environment which has a fedora in it and i installed nagios 3.0.6 I added windows clients into it. But i am not getting informative outputs from it. Can anyone tell me where i can edit inorder to get a more informative garph output.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios - NRPE configuration error

HI guyz, I have a nagios 3.0.6 server which is running on fedora 5. I had already added some windows clients and monitoring it. Now i want to add a unix client. Steps done till now : - 1.nagios-plugins-1.4.13 was installed and configured. 2.unzipped and untarred the NRPE 2.8 3.I gave a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
0 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios on Linux

Hi All, I am new in Linux. I want to install Nagios on Linux. Kindly provide me guidelines for the same. Its urgent.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunray
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios: How to read the Linux system file?

hi 2 all i installed nagios in my linux srvr . check_ftp file is in format of system format . i wants to see the syntax for that script how can i read that file .. ??? please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Can I install Nagios on Linux ?

Can I install Nagios on Linux ? I want to monotor some Windows and Linux systems through Nagios, So Can I Install Nagios on LINUX? Or should I install it on SuseLinux? I wan to learn more about Nagios , Please guide me properly. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Nagios configuration

Hi, I want to configure nagios core with my own scripts.Default configuration has been done like ping,http,Root partition,..so on... But according to my requirement i have a script called cpumon.sh which will monitor the current cpu usage. I gone through below link but could not find out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Custom nagios configuration

Hi, I want to configure nagios core with my own scripts.Default configuration has been done like ping,http,Root partition,..so on... But according to my requirement i have a script called cpumon.sh which will monitor the current cpu usage. I gone through below link but could not find out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies
CREATE TABLE 
AS(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLE AS(7) NAME
CREATE TABLE AS - create a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ [ LOCAL ] { TEMPORARY | TEMP } ] TABLE table_name [ (column_name [, ...] ) ] AS query DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLE AS creates a table and fills it with data computed by a SELECT command. The table columns have the names and data types asso- ciated with the output columns of the SELECT (except that you can override the column names by giving an explicit list of new column names). CREATE TABLE AS bears some resemblance to creating a view, but it is really quite different: it creates a new table and evaluates the query just once to fill the new table initially. The new table will not track subsequent changes to the source tables of the query. In contrast, a view re-evaluates its defining SELECT statement whenever it is queried. PARAMETERS
[LOCAL] TEMPORARY or [LOCAL] TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] for details. table_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. column_name The name of a column in the new table. Multiple column names can be specified using a comma-delimited list of column names. If col- umn names are not provided, they are taken from the output column names of the query. query A query statement (that is, a SELECT command). Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for a description of the allowed syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] and SELECT [select(7)] for a summary of possible output messages. NOTES
This command is functionally equivalent to SELECT INTO [select_into(7)], but it is preferred since it is less likely to be confused with other uses of the SELECT ... INTO syntax. COMPATIBILITY
This command is modeled after an Oracle feature. There is no command with equivalent functionality in SQL92 or SQL99. However, a combina- tion of CREATE TABLE and INSERT ... SELECT can accomplish the same thing with little more effort. HISTORY
The CREATE TABLE AS command has been available since PostgreSQL 6.3. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE VIEW [create_view(l)], SELECT [select(l)], SELECT INTO [select_into(l)] SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE TABLE AS(7)