Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing How to check performance of your HPC cluster? Post 302643627 by albertspade on Sunday 20th of May 2012 06:09:03 AM
Old 05-20-2012
Thanks for your help Otheus.
Smilie
I am new to the field of HPC. I installed HPCC and HPL. Even I am able run it and get the results. But I am not able to understand it. Also its running for my colete cluster, I also want to run them for my single machine. And now I am not able to tell whether its running on both the cores of my machine or only one process per machine, as I am having core 2 duo machines.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Performance check without a counterpart

Hi, is it possible to check out the speed limits of a box without a remote peer for netio and stuff? I transferred 1 Terrabyte last night, which is not really much and need to find the bottleneck. The remote server is soon going to retire, yet I need to copy the 8T to the new machine. This... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check all the applications are in cluster using shell script

Hi I have an application running in four different node.The server is tomcat.Each node in each tomcat server.How do i check whether all the nodes are in cluster using shell script. any command to check this would be of great use.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script to check if cm cluster is up or not.

hi guys have this little problem, need some help from script gurus. basically I'm running hpux cmviewcl command, cmviewcl command will produce db1pkg up running enabled box1 my script PSV='box1' STAT='up' check_db1pkg() { # assign cmviewcl output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if the server is on a Cluster

Hi im connecting to a datacenter remotely. is there a command to know if the server is on a cluster? i want to know the command to use in these OS(hp-ux,solaris,linux) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
6 Replies

5. Linux

Cluster check

I am working on a Linux server and want to check the cluster status. I dont know how many server is in cluster and what is the command to check. could you please help me to get the cluster status? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to check if a filesystem is part of a cluster

Hello, - How do I know if a filesystem is part of a cluster? - Or do I have to check if the vg related to the fs is part of a cluster instead? if so, how do I check it? - I would also need to check if there are vxfs type inside aix machines and if there are, how do I know if that type of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to check performance?

Hi, all What would be the a,b,c in troubleshooting slow performance on RH box, I type and it became really slow, what commands or log files to examine. What parameters to check? Thanks all T (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
2 Replies

8. Solaris

System Check Performance Tuning

Hello Forum, Well I am fairly new to this Solaris os thing. One thing I would like to check for system health and performance. I know the codes like prstat,vmstat,sar,iostat,netstat,prtdiag -v, What else does a want to be sys admin have to look for when checking a solaris box? I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
ipa-replica-conncheck(1)					 IPA Manual Pages					  ipa-replica-conncheck(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-conncheck - Check a replica-master network connection before installation SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-conncheck [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
When an IPA replica is being installed a network connection between a replica machine and a replicated IPA master machine has to be pre- pared for master-replica communication. In case of a flawed connection the installation may fail with inconvenient error messages. A common connection problem is a misconfigured firewall with closed required port on a replica or master machine. The connection is checked by running a set of tests from both master and replica machines. The program is incorporated to ipa-replica-install(1) but can be also run separately. OPTIONS
REPLICA MACHINE OPTIONS This set of options is used when the connection check is run on a prepared IPA replica machine. -m MASTER, --master=MASTER Remote master machine address -a, --auto-master-check Automatically log in to master machine and execute the master machine part of the connection check. The following options for replica part are only evaluated when this option is set -r REALM, --realm=REALM The Kerberos realm name for the IPA server -k KDC, --kdc=KDC KDC server address. Defaults t MASTER -p PRINCIPAL, --principal=PRINCIPAL Authorized Kerberos principal to use to log in to master machine. Defaults to admin -w PASSWORD, --password=PASSWORD Password for given principal. The password will be prompted interactively when this option is missing MASTER MACHINE OPTIONS This set of options is used when the connection check is run on a master machine against a running ipa-replica-conncheck(1) on a replica machine. -R REPLICA, --replica=REPLICA Remote replica machine address COMMON OPTIONS -c, --check-ca Include in a check also a set of dogtag connection requirements. Only needed when the master was installed with Dogtag 9 or lower. -h HOSTNAME, --hostname=HOSTNAME The hostname of this server (FQDN). By default a nodename from uname(2) is used -d, --debug Print debugging information -q, --quiet Output only errors EXAMPLES
ipa-replica-conncheck -m master.example.com Run a replica machine connection check against a remote master master.example.com. If the connection to the remote master machine is successful the program will switch to listening mode and prompt for running the master machine part. The second part check the con- nection from master to replica. ipa-replica-conncheck -R replica.example.com Run a master machine connection check part. This is either run automatically by replica part of the connection check program (when -a option is set) or manually by the user. A running ipa-replica-conncheck(1) in a listening mode must be already running on a replica machine. ipa-replica-conncheck -m master.example.com -a -r EXAMPLE.COM -w password Run a replica-master connection check. In case of a success switch to listening mode, automatically log to master.example.com in a realm EXAMPLE.COM with a password password and run the second part of the connection check. EXIT STATUS
0 if the connection check was successful 1 if an error occurred SEE ALSO
ipa-replica-install(1) IPA
Jun 2 2011 ipa-replica-conncheck(1)