Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting the source of website Post 302643607 by codecaine on Sunday 20th of May 2012 02:58:22 AM
Old 05-20-2012
You can use any of these programs if they are installed.
Code:
wget -O-, curl, and lynx -source

Last edited by Franklin52; 05-21-2012 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

website

HELLO FELLOW GEEKS. PLZ CHECK OUT MY FRIENDS SITE AT http://isunshine.dhs.org or u can also join the message board at http://isunshine.dhs.org/scripts/ikonboard.cgi wixifer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wixifer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix on my website...

Hello eveybody! I'm 15mins old (in Unix years that is!) I hope this isn't a stupid question.... Is it possible to have a unix forum on my site? I've seen other sites with forums similar to the unix one. How do I got about doing this? Thankyou. Happy12:D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happy12
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to website

Okay, here's the situation: I have a UNIX box hosting a website. The website is basically there to hold a .swf file; when you go to the URL, the .swf file loads, and it pulls data from a database on another computer into a cache. The cache holds things for 24 hours. This all works fine, so it's... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSchow
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Website

Hey guys I know you probably get this question a lot but, I want to make a website, and I don't have any experience doing this. I have a iMac and i was wondering if there is someone you could refer me to or a site that will show me how to do it. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmecca21
2 Replies

5. Web Development

my website.please. help me.

hello!! well, i am planning to make my own virtual pet site like that of a neopets. unfortunately i don't have any idea on how to do it.. i've tried searching in the net, but the result is really complicated. i don't know where to begin.i have already drawn some that i think would help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ackiemae
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is this website reliable ?

edit by bakunin: content not relevant for our site (and bordering on spam) SNIPped, thread closed. My suggestion is to - before even considering to buy anything online - put more effort in research, i.e. what the web site you write a comment at, is all about. This one here is definitely not for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ethansk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Website is up and running

I want to check if web url is up and running through command or script. I will use that output in one job to make it fail or succeed. I searched wget curl but they have lot of description. I don't know much on networking side. Kindly help on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: looney
1 Replies
source(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 source(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -encoding encodingName fileName | _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is "32" (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If you require a "^Z" in code for string comparison, you can use "32" or "u001a", which will be safely substituted by the Tcl interpreter into "^Z". The -encoding option is used to specify the encoding of the data stored in fileName. When the -encoding option is omitted, the system | encoding is assumed. EXAMPLE
Run the script in the file foo.tcl and then the script in the file bar.tcl: source foo.tcl source bar.tcl Alternatively: foreach scriptFile {foo.tcl bar.tcl} { source $scriptFile } SEE ALSO
file(n), cd(n), encoding(n), info(n) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(n)