Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora sftp Unspecified GSS failure Minor code may provide more information No credentials cache found Post 302643525 by wwwdaryl on Saturday 19th of May 2012 06:44:14 PM
Old 05-19-2012
tipotheday.com/2007/09/24/howto-ssh-without-a-password/
- add http:// i cant post a link I dont have enough posts

has the solution I found the link on one of the many posts in this forum - this was the first time i saw stuff about chmod on the target impacting the access (600 for authorized_keys and voila it works)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

buffer cache information

anybody please tell me how do i get all the information about buffer cache in hp-ux .if anybody familiar with the system call them please specify . i found the extern variables in /sys/buf.h . but that didn't help .:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vish_shan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh/sftp failure connection

Hello, I just want to ask regarding the meaning of the error that we got using sftp: Connecting to <TARGET SERVER IP>... @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_falco
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP failure from unix to windows server

Hi, I am having unix server SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245. remote windows server details: Microsoft Windows In my script i am sftp'ing files to the windows server through sftp command. But the problem i am facing is, some files are successfully sftp'd to windows server and for some files sftp is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamkp
0 Replies

4. SuSE

Error 15-the file was not found-update linux10.0 failure

I updated the Suse linux 10.0 OS online .The sysem ask me to reboot to take effects.I do so.But the OS do not load and show the message "Error 15 - The file was not found" What can I Do? It does not login to failesafe mode also.May I do reinstall the os through the cd ? Then HOW? I am Very New the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandhusky
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

I am new to HPUX so kindly provide information related to it

Hello Gurus I am new to HPUX so kindly help me by providing information related to HPUX. I would like to know the date when HPUX 11i v3 comes in to market as well as I have H3056S student guide dated May 2005 which I download through some site. Now I want to know its a HPUX 11i v2 or HPUX 11i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp failure

Hello, Sometimes when i execute my shell that makes sftp it gives me this error: Couldn't close file: Failure. What does it mean?, how can i make sure it will do ok?. Bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] SFTP error - Couldn't close file: Failure

I am trying to send a file from my 9000 box to a vendor using sftp and I am getting this error: Couldn't close file: Failure Here are the results of my automated script: Connected to yyy.com. sftp> pwd Remote working directory: / sftp> cd xxxxx/yyyyy_TEST/TEST sftp> put FILE FILETEST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nickg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Failure

Hi , I need to write a IF condition to know if a SFTP file transfer is successful or not and send email if its failed. `sftp username@servername <<comm1 cd /directory put filename comm1 bye` I use above commands for my connections. So please help me to write a IF statement. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna87
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure of sftp send to log file

I want to transfer all details of sftp connection into a log file and spawn sftp $PCMSu@$FTP_LOC >> log_file is not working for me. Please suggest how to send the data to a log file that has all information if sftp connection is successful or not? Script that I am using: #!/usr/bin/expect... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geeta Yadav
7 Replies
PSIGNAL(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						PSIGNAL(9)

NAME
psignal, pgsignal, gsignal -- post signal to a process or process group SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/signalvar.h> void psignal(struct proc *p, int signum); void pgsignal(struct pgrp *pgrp, int signum, int checkctty); void gsignal(int pgid, int signum); DESCRIPTION
These functions post a signal to one or more processes. The argument signum common to all three functions should be in the range [1-NSIG]. The psignal() function posts signal number signum to the process represented by the process structure p. With a few exceptions noted below, the target process signal disposition is updated and is marked as runnable, so further handling of the signal is done in the context of the target process after a context switch. Note that psignal() does not by itself cause a context switch to happen. The target process is not marked as runnable in the following cases: o The target process is sleeping uninterruptibly. The signal will be noticed when the process returns from the system call or trap. o The target process is currently ignoring the signal. o If a stop signal is sent to a sleeping process that takes the default action (see sigaction(2)), the process is stopped without awakening it. o SIGCONT restarts a stopped process (or puts them back to sleep) regardless of the signal action (e.g., blocked or ignored). If the target process is being traced psignal() behaves as if the target process were taking the default action for signum. This allows the tracing process to be notified of the signal. The pgsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group described by pgrp. If checkctty is non-zero, the sig- nal will be posted only to processes that have a controlling terminal. pgsignal() is implemented by walking along the process list headed by the field pg_members of the process group structure pointed at by pgrp and calling psignal() as appropriate. If pgrp is NULL no action is taken. The gsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group identified by the group id pgid. gsignal() first finds the group structure associated with pgid, then invokes pgsignal() with the argument checkctty set to zero. If pgid is zero no action is taken. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), signal(9), tsleep(9) BSD
June 22, 1996 BSD