Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hostapd & wired network ?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat hostapd & wired network ? Post 302643323 by turner on Saturday 19th of May 2012 05:02:01 AM
Old 05-19-2012
hostapd & wired network ?

hi
im using the following network with hostapd on the authenticator :

Authentication server <---wired---> Authenticator(hostapd<----wired--->
User (win XP with WinRadius)
1.100 -------- 1.200 , 0.13 ----- 0.12

and this is my configurations for hostapd :

interface=eth1
driver=wired
dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump

ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=0

logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2

ieee8021x=1
eapol_key_index_workaround=0
eapol_version=1

own_ip_addr=192.168.1.200
auth_server_addr=192.168.1.100
auth_server_port=1812
auth_server_shared_secret=secret
acct_server_addr=192.168.1.100
acct_server_port=1813
acct_server_shared_secret=secret

there is a problem : the EAPOL_start is sent to the authenticator by
the user (win XP) but the authenticator doesn't reply to user. and also the radius messages transmit between server and authenticator. what is
the solution ? please help me
another question is : can hostapd used in a wired network at all ?

thanks a lot ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to Network a PowerMac & a PC

Ok, so I'm new to the Unix thing, but I've got 2 old computers that are useless for much now & I want to install some flavor of Unix on both. One is a PowerMac & one is a NEC PC (200 MHz). Is there a certain flavor of Unix (or Linux) that I can install on both so they will communicate? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Galaxy_Girl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wired pages

hi, can any body tell, what are wired pages in HP_UX. which structure contains that and plz tell the corresponding system call to get it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX system & Network Administration II.PDF

Dear all, I plan to take HP-UX cert. EXAM. But, I cannot find hp-ux system & network administration II.pdf file Do you know where can I download?? Do you have? can you send to me? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkpcman
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LJ4300 & LJ5M Printer Network works only sometimes

Hi. I have a HP laseJet 4300 and a HP Laserjet 5M printers connected to our corporative network and their computers sometimes print their works normally and sometimes user have to make their print request twice. In this last case sometimes they isn't any network or OS response until the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luisben
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to find out why the network was down?, now the server is up & running

Hi there, solaris server was not reachable. Now the server is up & running I have to investigate the network logs (where i can get these logs)as such network issues are happening frequently. How to find why the netwrok has gone down ?? Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iqan Zahera
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Networking & Network Security

Hii i want to make career in networking and i m new in this field could u plz help me what should i do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawan_kumar
2 Replies

8. Solaris

problem network with solaris 10 & vmware

Hello The first sorry for mi bad english I install a solaris 10 on vmware. I follow the steps to configure the network, but i can't do work :( I follow the next steps: # vi hosts "hosts" 6 líneas, 82 caracteres # # Internet host table # ::1 localhost loghost workshop ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: capilla
10 Replies

9. Hardware

Disk I/O & Network I/O

HI Team, I am working on ubuntu server through ssh, as its in US and i am in India. From last 4/5 days its working very slowly. It doen'st shows any load or more procsses, but works slowly. For that my senior told me to check Disk I/O & Network I/O of that server. Can anybody help me. I dont know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Disk I/O & Network I/O

HI Team, I am working on ubuntu server through ssh, as its in US and i am in India. From last 4/5 days its working very slowly. It doen'st shows any load or more procsses, but works slowly. For that my senior told me to check Disk I/O & Network I/O of that server. Can anybody help me. I dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies
HOSTAPD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						HOSTAPD(8)

NAME
hostapd -- authenticator for IEEE 802.11 networks SYNOPSIS
hostapd [-BdhKtv] [-P pidfile] config-file ... DESCRIPTION
The hostapd utility is an authenticator for IEEE 802.11 networks. It provides full support for WPA/IEEE 802.11i and can also act as an IEEE 802.1X Authenticator with a suitable backend Authentication Server (typically FreeRADIUS). The hostapd utility implements the authentication protocols that piggyback on top of the normal IEEE 802.11 protocol mechanisms. To use hostapd as an authenticator, the underlying device must support some basic functionality such as the ability to set security information in the 802.11 management frames. Beware that not all devices have this support. The hostapd utility is designed to be a ``daemon'' program that runs in the background and acts as the backend component controlling the wireless connection. It supports separate frontend programs such as the text-based frontend, hostapd_cli(8). The following arguments must be specified on the command line: config-file Use the settings in the specified configuration file; the name of the specified wireless interface is contained in this file. See hostapd.conf(5) for a description of the configuration file syntax. Changes to the configuration file can be reloaded by sending a SIGHUP to the hostapd processor or with the hostapd_cli(8) utility, using ``hostapd_cli reconfigure''. OPTIONS
The options are as follows: -d Enable debugging messages. If this option is supplied twice, more verbose messages are displayed. -h Show help text. -t Include timestamps in debugging output. -v Display version information on the terminal and exit. -B Detach from the controlling terminal and run as a daemon process in the background. -K Include key information in debugging output. -P pidfile Store PID in pidfile. SEE ALSO
ath(4), ipw(4), iwi(4), mwl(4), ral(4), rum(4), run(4), ural(4), wi(4), hostapd.conf(5), hostapd_cli(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The hostapd utility first appeared in FreeBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
The hostapd utility was written by Jouni Malinen <j@w1.fi>. This manual page is derived from the README file included in the hostapd distri- bution. BSD
July 18, 2012 BSD