Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Did You Buy any Facebook IPO Stock at $38 a share? Post 302643111 by joeyg on Friday 18th of May 2012 12:12:12 PM
Old 05-18-2012
Just a flash-in-the-pan

Back, 15 years ago, Netscape was the hot stock. There are always hot technology companies, based on exuberance, but not financials. And with a P/E ratio of greater than 100... no idea on how it will make money.
Most people use it, like it, but would NOT pay for it.
So, how will it generate revenue to make it viable?
Sure, some will get rich - those that sell soon.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What exactly is Stock Bit (t)

(yes i read the man page for chmod) and i did a basic search on the web. but it never really went into any info on it. the reason i ask is. when my systems receaves an email @ at certer user it has a specific mailer specified and that mailer writes stuff to /tmp well the orig. perms were... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stock script problems

I'm have some trouble, I'm doing some unix stuff for fun and I can't get something to work I have a getquote.sh script: wget "http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=$1" -o /dev/null -O quote echo `echo $1; egrep "Last Trade:" quote | cut -d ">" -f 3 | cut -d "<" -f 1` to get the current trading price... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hinch
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Facebook

Im using Mozilla Firefox on my Linux laptop. When I'm logged in at Facebook I can see the general page but when I'm going to my "own" page I can't see the posts, just the head of the page. I don't know if it's a problem related to Linux or Mozilla. Greatful for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Midde
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data reformat if share share content

Input data: read1_data1 read1_data1 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read5_data1 . . Desired output result: read1_data1 read1_data2 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Hacker Way by Mark Zuckerberg to IPO Investors

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Facebook links

Some posts have a live link to Facebook. This is a banned site here and on many commercial sites. It triggers alerts. How can we stop the system trying and failing to connect to Facebook? Example hidden (hugely long) link is: Like Interestingly, posting the link triggers the ERROR box on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
4 Replies
WWW::Facebook::API::Message(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  WWW::Facebook::API::Message(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Facebook::API::Message - Facebook Message SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Facebook::API::Message; DESCRIPTION
Methods for accessing message with WWW::Facebook::API SUBROUTINES
/METHODS base Returns the WWW::Facebook::API base object. new Constructor. get_threads_in_folder( %params ) The message.getThreadsInFolder method of the Facebook API: $response = $client->message->get_threads_in_folder( folder_id => '0|1|4', limit => $limit, ); DIAGNOSTICS
None. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
WWW::Facebook::API::Message requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
See WWW::Facebook::API INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-www-facebook-api@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. AUTHOR
David Romano "<unobe@cpan.org>" LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010, David Romano "<unobe@cpan.org>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENSE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-13 WWW::Facebook::API::Message(3pm)