Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sending content of a file in Expect Post 302643097 by alireza6485 on Friday 18th of May 2012 11:48:22 AM
Old 05-18-2012
sending content of a file in Expect

How Can I send the content of a file in Expect? Do I have to use cat command in a way? if yes how? lets say my file is called 1.txt.
example:
expect "Enter command to send:" {send "???? \r"} ???? --> content of the file 1.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail with html content

hi, I am new to unix. I need send html content as a mail from my sun-solaris2.6 work station. When I tried that the recipient gets it as html code with all the tags. any solutions? thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmchoudary
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in sending out content in unix

Hello all!! i got a problem in the email content format in outlook which i mail it from a unix. i want the content to be multiple lines as i see in unix, but the content is grouped into a single line instead in the email content. The email content is made from tail of a file, and echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boydunshout
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: run a command first before sending

Hello Expect experts, Is it possible with Expect to run a command first when an expected phrase is outputted by a spawned program? Before sending an answer to the spawned program that is... Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr00tY
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending test pass to a folder in expect

still new to this expect useing bach shell to cammand expect script i tink i have that right! i want to have the test im running upon every complted cycle copyed to a folder. cant seem to get it to work. Ive tryed log_file -a $globallogdir/deveoper.log proc dbglog {notsure what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: melvin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script sending password with $ and symbols

All, I am trying to use expect to send SFTP password because I am unable to share a key with the vendor. They gave me a password that uses some symbols in it like $ and ! When i try to use the send command in expect it thinks the $ is a variable. Is there anyway to have it send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending inputs to format command using expect

Hi , I am not able figure out how to use expect tool to send input to this prompt of format Searching for disks...done selecting c0t3d0 FORMAT MENU: disk - select a disk type - select (define) a disk type partition - select (define) a partition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending mail with database content

Hi All, I want to fetch records from Oracle DB table and send it in a mail to a set of users. i.e, I have a query which returns a set of records. I want to send mail with below content: Hi , PFB the details: <first database record> <Second database record> ……………. ………………..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil029
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Body content is in random format while sending email from Linux to my outlook.

Hi I have a script running in lunix machine which emails log file content to my outlook. Here is the actual log file result: Image-1 In-Master:25028 ReplicaDn Consumer Supplier Delay dc=xxx,dc=com lmjker0110:12345 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in sending file content with colors and borders

HI i am running a shell script in cron and storing the output of that script in a file say test.then i am copying the content of test to test1 and i will send the output of test to some email ids using mutt. Next time when the script executes i am comparing the contents of test and test1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
3 Replies
DISLOCATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      DISLOCATE(1)

NAME
Dislocate - disconnect and reconnect processes SYNOPSIS
dislocate [ program args... ] INTRODUCTION
Dislocate allows processes to be disconnected and reconnected to the terminal. Possible uses: o You can disconnect a process from a terminal at work and reconnect from home, to continue working. o After having your line be dropped due to noise, you can get back to your process without having to restart it from scratch. o If you have a problem that you would like to show someone, you can set up the scenario at your own terminal, disconnect, walk down the hall, and reconnect on another terminal. o If you are in the middle of a great game (or whatever) that does not allow you to save, and someone else kicks you off the ter- minal, you can disconnect, and reconnect later. USAGE
When run with no arguments, Dislocate tells you about your disconnected processes and lets you reconnect to one. Otherwise, Dislocate runs the named program along with any arguments. By default, ^] is an escape that lets you talk to Dislocate itself. At that point, you can disconnect (by pressing ^D) or suspend Dislo- cate (by pressing ^Z). Any Tcl or Expect command is also acceptable at this point. For example, to insert the contents of a the file /etc/motd as if you had typed it, say: send -i $out [exec cat /etc/motd] To send the numbers 1 to 100 in response to the prompt "next #", say: for {set i 0} {$i<100} {incr i} { expect -i $in "next #" send -i $out "$i " } Scripts can also be prepared and sourced in so that you don't have to type them on the spot. Dislocate is actually just a simple Expect script. Feel free to make it do what you want it to do or just use Expect directly, without going through Dislocate. Dislocate understands a few special arguments. These should appear before any program name. Each should be sep- arated by whitespace. If the arguments themselves takes arguments, these should also be separated by whitespace. The -escape flag sets the escape to whatever follows. The default escape is ^]. CAVEATS
This program was written by the author as an exercise to show that communicating with disconnected processes is easy. There are many fea- tures that could be added, but that is not the intent of this program. SEE ALSO
Tcl(3), libexpect(3) "Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 7 October 1993 DISLOCATE(1)