Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search a string,get line and replace with second field Post 302642939 by greet_sed on Friday 18th of May 2012 08:29:34 AM
Old 05-18-2012
Thanks Mirni & ygemici.

Both solutions works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert line break + string in vi (search & replace )

Hello all i have big test file that has allot of structure text something like this : <foo1 *.html> <blah action> somthing 1 somthing 2 </blah> </foo1 > now i will like to insert 2 more lines of text below the <blah action> so it will be like : <foo1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can search a String in one text file and replace the whole line in another file

i am very new to UNIX plz help me in this scenario i have two text files as below file1.txt name=Rajakumar. Discipline=Electronics and communication. Designation=software Engineer. file2.txt name=Kannan. Discipline=Mechanical. Designation=CADD Design Engineer. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a string ,replace the whole line with new line

hai i am very new to unix. i am having two files like this. first.properties cache.ZA.TL_CCY=SELECT trim(CCY_CODE)||trim(COUNTRY_CODE)||trim(CITY_CODE) AS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To trim Certain field in a line of a file and replace the new string in that position

To trim 3rd field in for all the lines of a file and replace the modified string in that particular field. For example i have a file called Temp.txt having content Temp.txt ----------------- 100,234,M1234 400,234,K1734 300,345,T3456 ---------------- So the modified file output should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpadhi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Search text string in field, not all in field.

Hello, I am using awk to match text in a tab separated field and am able to do so when matching the exact word. My problem is that I would like to match any sequence of text in the tab-separated field without having to match it all. Any help will be appreciated. Please see the code below. awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies
FITCIRCLE(l)															      FITCIRCLE(l)

NAME
fitcircle - find mean position and pole of best-fit great [or small] circle to points on a sphere. SYNOPSIS
fitcircle [ xyfile ] -Lnorm [ -H[nrec] ] [ -S ] [ -V ] [ -: ] [ -bi[s][n] ] DESCRIPTION
fitcircle reads lon,lat [or lat,lon] values from the first two columns on standard input [or xyfile]. These are converted to cartesian three-vectors on the unit sphere. Then two locations are found: the mean of the input positions, and the pole to the great circle which best fits the input positions. The user may choose one or both of two possible solutions to this problem. The first is called -L1 and the second is called -L2. When the data are closely grouped along a great circle both solutions are similar. If the data have large dispersion, the pole to the great circle will be less well determined than the mean. Compare both solutions as a qualitative check. The -L1 solution is so called because it approximates the minimization of the sum of absolute values of cosines of angular distances. This solution finds the mean position as the Fisher average of the data, and the pole position as the Fisher average of the cross-products between the mean and the data. Averaging cross-products gives weight to points in proportion to their distance from the mean, analogous to the "leverage" of distant points in linear regression in the plane. The -L2 solution is so called because it approximates the minimization of the sum of squares of cosines of angular distances. It creates a 3 by 3 matrix of sums of squares of components of the data vectors. The eigenvectors of this matrix give the mean and pole locations. This method may be more subject to roundoff errors when there are thousands of data. The pole is given by the eigenvector corresponding to the smallest eigenvalue; it is the least-well represented factor in the data and is not easily estimated by either method. -L Specify the desired norm as 1 or 2, or use -L or -L3 to see both solutions. OPTIONS
xyfile ASCII [or binary, see -b] file containing lon,lat [lat,lon] values in the first 2 columns. If no file is specified, fitcircle will read from standard input. -H Input file(s) has Header record(s). Number of header records can be changed by editing your .gmtdefaults file. If used, GMT default is 1 header record. -S Attempt to fit a small circle instead of a great circle. The pole will be constrained to lie on the great circle connecting the pole of the best-fit great circle and the mean location of the data. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -: Toggles between (longitude,latitude) and (latitude,longitude) input/output. [Default is (longitude,latitude)]. Applies to geo- graphic coordinates only. -bi Selects binary input. Append s for single precision [Default is double]. Append n for the number of columns in the binary file(s). [Default is 2 input columns]. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have lon,lat,grav data along a twisty ship track in the file ship.xyg. You want to project this data onto a great circle and resample it in distance, in order to filter it or check its spectrum. Try: fitcircle ship.xyg -L2 project ship.xyg -Cox/oy -Tpx/py -S -pz | sample1d -S-100 -I1 > output.pg Here, ox/oy is the lon/lat of the mean from fitcircle, and px/py is the lon/lat of the pole. The file output.pg has distance, gravity data sampled every 1 km along the great circle which best fits ship.xyg SEE ALSO
gmt(1gmt), project(1gmt), sample1d(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 FITCIRCLE(l)