Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Disabling and enabling the cron Post 302642931 by indira_s on Friday 18th of May 2012 08:14:58 AM
Old 05-18-2012
Hi Bakunin,

Thanks for replying.

Actucally I want to stop all the jobs in Crontab.

After some time have re-enable it.

Regards,
Sindu

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ports Disabling

I will want to disable all the ports not needed in my UNIX. If I put a # sign at the beginning of the line of the port name I want to disable in /etc/services.... that's all????? Or I need to do anything else to disable a port???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrivas
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disabling telnet

how do i disable the telnet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

enabling/disabling an oracle trigger

hi, i want to disable and then enable an oracle trigger through shell script. Please tell me how it can be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

disabling and enabling the crontab

Hi All, I need disable all the crontab job in the cron and then later have to enable the crontab job by shell scripting. or otherwise disable the cron and enable cron again by means of unix shell scripting. Please can you one help me out in this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Sindu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Disabling sendmail

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me how to disable sendmail on solaris 10? I seem to have the sendmail process from hell. Did an SVCS | grep for mail and disabled the 2 processes it threw up. But something is still respawning sendmail (if I kill it manually) and it's doing the usual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Disabling cron for few hours each day

Hi Is there any way to disable cron adhoc ? I want to run a script for every one minute between 04 to 00 hours will the below serves my purpose ? 01 04-00 * * * <your script> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

7. AIX

Disabling cron after NIM restore

Hi Guys, We normally have a backup and restore nightly on our Prod machines. We do this via customized script and all unattended. The dilemma that I'm having is the disabling of the cron after the restore. I created a nim script to disable the cron after the restore has been completed. But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaelu26
6 Replies

8. Hardware

How disabling GPU?

Hi All I'm find out a way to disable the DGD: AMD Radeon HD 7470M on my Ubutu 16.04.2 LTS because radeon open source module is not capable to support this GPU and consequence the boot is very slow. I have tried serveral way with pci-stub.ids in the grub menu but not work. In general how... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Fabio_79
11 Replies
cron(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  cron(1M)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
cron starts a process that executes commands at specified dates and times. You can specify regularly scheduled commands to cron according to instructions found in crontab files in the directory /var/spool/cron/crontabs. Users can submit their own crontab file using the crontab(1) command. Commands which are to be executed only once can be submitted using the at(1) command. cron only examines crontab or at command files during its own process initialization phase and when the crontab or at command is run. This reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. As cron never exits, it should be executed only once. This is done routinely by way of the svc:/system/cron:default service. The file /etc/cron.d/FIFO file is used as a lock file to prevent the execution of more than one instance of cron. cron captures the output of the job's stdout and stderr streams, and, if it is not empty, mails the output to the user. If the job does not produce output, no mail is sent to the user. An exception is if the job is an at(1) job and the -m option was specified when the job was submitted. cron and at jobs are not executed if your account is locked. Jobs and processses execute. The shadow(4) file defines which accounts are not locked and will have their jobs and processes executed. Setting cron Jobs Across Timezones The timezone of the cron daemon sets the system-wide timezone for cron entries. This, in turn, is by set by default system-wide using /etc/default/init. If some form of daylight savings or summer/winter time is in effect, then jobs scheduled during the switchover period could be executed once, twice, or not at all. Setting cron Defaults To keep a log of all actions taken by cron, you must specify CRONLOG=YES in the /etc/default/cron file. If you specify CRONLOG=NO, no log- ging is done. Keeping the log is a user configurable option since cron usually creates huge log files. You can specify the PATH for user cron jobs by using PATH= in /etc/default/cron. You can set the PATH for root cron jobs using SUPATH= in /etc/default/cron. Carefully consider the security implications of setting PATH and SUPATH. Example /etc/default/cron file: CRONLOG=YES PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb: This example enables logging and sets the default PATH used by non-root jobs to /usr/bin:/usr/ucb:. Root jobs continue to use /usr/sbin:/usr/bin. The cron log file is periodically rotated by logadm(1M). FILES
/etc/cron.d Main cron directory /etc/cron.d/FIFO Lock file /etc/default/cron cron default settings file /var/cron/log cron history information /var/spool/cron Spool area /etc/cron.d/queuedefs Queue description file for at, batch, and cron /etc/logadm.conf Configuration file for logadm ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), at(1), crontab(1), sh(1), logadm(1M), svcadm(1M), queuedefs(4), shadow(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The cron service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/cron:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. DIAGNOSTICS
A history of all actions taken by cron is stored in /var/cron/log and possibly in /var/cron/olog. SunOS 5.10 5 Aug 2004 cron(1M)