Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell string array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell string array Post 302642797 by Roy987 on Friday 18th of May 2012 04:53:23 AM
Old 05-18-2012
Thanks.
Quite beyond my question. Really learned a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string to array

Hi Experts, I'm new to Shell Scripting world and need a little help from you "Scripting Gurus". I want to convert a string (entered by a user) to array in csh. I want something like this: echo "Enter the Numbers: " set num = $< Suppose, user enters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hold string array in shell scripts

Gents, Below is the Shell script which I am trying to hold a string of array that is passed from a java file. But it is not working . Can any one please help me to by fixing it. #!/bin/csh/ set copy = ($argv) echo $copy >> /home/users/bavananr/rrr.log echo $copy >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brajesh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

passing letters from an array into a string for string comparison

attempting the hangman program. This was an optional assignment from the professor. I have completed the logical coding, debugging now. ##I have an array $wordString that initializes to a string of dashes ##reflecting the number of letters in $theWord ##every time the user enters a (valid)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotsofideas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string into array in shell

Hi all, I want to split a string into array based on given delimiter, for example: String: "foo|bar|baz" with delimiter "|" into array: strArr to strArr with values foo, bar and baz. Thanks a lot. Roy987 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roy987
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use string in array name?

Hi, I'm the beginner in bash scripting and I just want to create loop, which will create a few tables with string in name, and each time i try to do this in the following way, I receive: a=1; while do echo "Plik a=$a" for m in {1..4} do echo "Plik m=$m" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterqu
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert String to an Array using shell scripting in JSON file.

This is the sample json I have pasted here. I want all the IP address strings to be converted into an array. For example "10.38.32.202" has to be converted to everywhere in the JSON. There are multiple IPs in a JSON I am pasting one sample object from the JSON. But the IPs already in an Array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinshas1
11 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)