Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert line with between two consecutive lines that match special pattern? Post 302642761 by tarun_agrawal on Friday 18th of May 2012 03:18:29 AM
Old 05-18-2012
Code:
sed -n '
/^[[:digit:]]/ {
p
n
/^[[:digit:]]/ {
i \
XXXXXX
p}
}
/^[^[:digit:]]/ p' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating multiple lines to one line if match pattern

Hi all, I've been working on a script which I have hit a road block now. I have written a script using sed to extract the below data and pumped into another file: Severity............: MAJORWARNING Summary: System temperature is out of normal range. Severity............: MAJORWARNING... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: phixsius
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging of 2 consecutive lines in a file for a specific pattern

Hi , I'm looking for a way to merge two lines only for a given pattern / condition. Input : abcd/dad + -49.201 2.09 -49.5 34 ewrew rewtre * fdsgfds/dsgf/sdfdsfasdd + -4.30 0.62 -49.5 45 sdfdsf cvbbv * sdfds/retret/asdsaddsa + ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice_man
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print pattern match line and following lines

Data: Pattern Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data ... With awk, how do I print the pattern matching line, then the subsequent lines following the pattern matching line. Varying number of lines following the pattern matching line. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmesserly
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the same pattern in three consecutive lines in several files in a directory

I know how to search for a pattern/regular expression in many files that I have in a directory. For example, by doing this: grep -Ril "News/U.S." . I can find which files contain the pattern "News/U.S." in a directory. I am unable to accomplish about how to extend this code so that it can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate consecutive lines with the same pattern

Hi, I would like to know how to remove lines which has the same pattern as the next line through sed/awk. Stream 39 (wan stream 7) Stream 40 (wan stream 8) WINQ Counter 115955 1 1613 (BYTE) 11204787 163 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarn_nat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

find pattern matches in consecutive lines in certain fields-awk

I have a text file with many thousands of lines, a small sample of which looks like this: InputFile:PS002,003 D -1 5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 6 6 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 509 0 PS002,003 PSQ 0 1 7 18 1 0 -1 1 1 3 -1 -1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies
CheckDigits::MBase_002(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       CheckDigits::MBase_002(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::MBase_002 - compute check digits for blood bags (DE), BZUe (DE), VAT Registration Number (DE) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $bb = CheckDigits('blutbeutel'); if ($bb->is_valid('2761011234567893')) { # do something } $cn = $bb->complete('276101123456789'); # $cn = '2761011234567893' $cd = $bb->checkdigit('2761011234567893'); # $cd = '3' $bn = $bb->basenumber('2761011234567893'); # $bn = '276101123456789'; DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. Start with values P = 10, S = 0. 2. Beginning left you do the following for all digits 1. S = (P + digit) modulo 10 2. If S is 0 then S = 10. 3. P = (2 * S) modulo 11 3. The check digit is (11 - P) modulo 10. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the checkdigit of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de, www.eurocode.org. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::MBase_002(3pm)