Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PHP exec to restart mysqld
Top Forums Programming PHP exec to restart mysqld Post 302642463 by noPermissions on Thursday 17th of May 2012 12:40:29 PM
Old 05-17-2012
I don't really see anything in the log file...
It does work on command line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I restart X server ?

WITHOUT shutdown X ??? thanks , Ivan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oneivan
6 Replies

2. BSD

mysqld

Hello I installed mysql41 this is the end of the installation but when I try to launch the mysqld daemon it write this: note: LodelServoo is a CMS which need mysql I verify that the dir mysql existed under /var/db, but it doesn't so naively I created it and launch again the mysqld... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoulCoder
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec bash shell via PHP Site !

Hi everybody ! I writed php code so exec bash shell via php (SMS Send via bash shell) but i have problem as follow : 1. When i exec from linux mode : ./sms.sh --- output is "Messages ... OK". Then all message has been sent. 2. When i exec from PHP site --- return value is "Message ... OK" on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamthenhan
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Can't restart apache. PHP is broken.

I need to restart my apache, but apachectl configtest tells me that Syntax error on line 208 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: ap_signal I've tried rebuilding php, I'm not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatebn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

php shell_exec, exec command timeout

HI, Does anybody know if its possible to execute a command through exec, shell exec, system and if the program doesn't terminate in N seconds returns control to PHP ? reg, research3 ---------- Post updated 10-16-09 at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous update was 10-15-09 at 11:03 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

comm: mysqld Not tainted ... Kernel Panic , System totally unresponsive

Hi, I am experiencing frequent system hangs, hard kernel panics, etc almost thrice a day. The system would be totally unresponsive and the only way is to reboot is hard power recycling (plug out the power cable and plug in back after 30 secs). I enabled kdump, but unfortunately the kdump files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: massoo
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysqld overloading cpu of VPS

Hi bros I have a VPS 512mb (Burst 2GB) with Kloxo installed and hosting few sites on it with not much traffic I am facing high cpu load for the last few days and seems mysqld is overloading the cpu Any suggestion will be appreciated Regards Rizwan Top output is as under top -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

MySQL (mysqld) fails to start!

Hello, I have recently installed MySql and I encourage an error. I am using Fedora 15 and when I am trying to start mysqld service i am getting the following error message: Starting mysqld (via systemctl): Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details. If I try to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot_pro
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Variables Inquiry, Values Okay in Standalone Exec, No-Show in Cron Exec

I have the following bash script lines in a file named test.sh. #!/bin/bash # # Write Date to cron.log # echo "Begin SSI Load $(date +%d%b%y_%T)" # # Get the latest rates file for processing. # d=$(ls -tr /rms/data/ssi | grep -v "processed" | tail -n 1) filename=$d export filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginowms
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mysql missing mysqld.sock (Linux)

I am trying to start a server for a class I am in but... mysql won't start with this error ( ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) ) ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer939
2 Replies
MYSQL_INSTALL_DB()														MYSQL_INSTALL_DB()

NAME
mysql_install_db - initialize MySQL data directory SYNOPSIS
mysql_install_db [options] DESCRIPTION
mysql_install_db initializes the MySQL data directory and creates the system tables that it contains, if they do not exist. To invoke mysql_install_db, use the following syntax: shell> mysql_install_db [options] Because the MySQL server, mysqld, needs to access the data directory when it runs later, you should either run mysql_install_db from the same account that will be used for running mysqld or run it as root and use the --user option to indicate the user name that mysqld will run as. It might be necessary to specify other options such as --basedir or --datadir if mysql_install_db does not use the correct locations for the installation directory or data directory. For example: shell> bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql --basedir=/opt/mysql/mysql --datadir=/opt/mysql/mysql/data mysql_install_db needs to invoke mysqld with the --bootstrap and --skip-grant-tables options (see Section 2.3.2, "Typical configure Options"). If MySQL was configured with the --disable-grant-options option, --bootstrap and --skip-grant-tables will be disabled. To handle this, set the MYSQLD_BOOTSTRAP environment variable to the full path name of a server that has all options enabled. mysql_install_db will use that server. mysql_install_db supports the following options, which can be specified on the command line or in the [mysql_install_db] and (if they are common to mysqld) [mysqld] option file groups. o --basedir=path The path to the MySQL installation directory. o --force Cause mysql_install_db to run even if DNS does not work. In that case, grant table entries that normally use host names will use IP addresses. o --datadir=path, --ldata=path The path to the MySQL data directory. o --rpm For internal use. This option is used by RPM files during the MySQL installation process. o --skip-name-resolve Use IP addresses rather than host names when creating grant table entries. This option can be useful if your DNS does not work. o --srcdir=path For internal use. The directory under which mysql_install_db looks for support files such as the error message file and the file for populating the help tables. This option was added in MySQL 5.1.14. o --user=user_name The login user name to use for running mysqld. Files and directories created by mysqld will be owned by this user. You must be root to use this option. By default, mysqld runs using your current login name and files and directories that it creates will be owned by you. o --verbose Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. o --windows For internal use. This option is used for creating Windows distributions. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MYSQL_INSTALL_DB()