Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? Post 302641517 by otheus on Wednesday 16th of May 2012 07:43:06 AM
Old 05-16-2012
cat /etc/issue
This User Gave Thanks to otheus For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

"SCRYPT" command in RED HAT 9

Hello, I wanted to simple command to encrypt a file. Using google I got a command "crypt". I could test it very well on Sun solaris. My red hat system says "command not found".Can you please tell me if I can find that package on the cd!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "sed" to update RECURSIVELY a value within a directory in a Red Hat Machine

Hi All, I spent the whole morning trying to create a shell script ( using "sed" command ) that looks for a value in a directory and its sub directory than changes it with another value but couldn't find the way :( a first step, allowded me to trace all the files that contain it and even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

"ERROR : failed to mount nfs source" Red Hat Kickstart

Hi There, I have been googling for this error and try solution provided but still not avail to resolve Kickstart Issue. Any expert have encounter this problem? Thanks. Regards, Regmaster (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to connect "Reliance Netconnect" on Redh Hat Linux 5

Hi Friends, Can someone help me with below issue , thanks. Subject : Unable to configure "Reliance NetConnect" on RHEL 5 Here some helpful information : # lsusb Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0020 Bus 001 Device 003: ID 192f:0416 Bus 002 Device... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunraj192
0 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)