Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris finding crontab and permissions Post 302641347 by sridhardwh on Wednesday 16th of May 2012 04:20:13 AM
Old 05-16-2012
finding crontab and permissions

hi ,
how/where to find crontab and permissions that whether my user id has crontab permissions or not .
I need to schedule one job through one application(datastage application) which is installed on sunsolaris envirobnment. When i try to schedule job/s, i am getting error that

Code:
"Error adding to schedule: at: you are not authorized to use at. Sorry. 
(Command was: at -s 00:15 MAY 16) 
(Data was: /vol01/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/Test_MaRS/dsr_sched.sh /vol01/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/Test_MaRS /vol01/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine SPMSeqPT 0/50/1/0/0 2 >/dev/null 2>&1) "

please help me out to get out of this issue .
Thanks in advance for all your support.

Last edited by methyl; 05-16-2012 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

permissions

Can someone pleas tell me if there is something funny when it comes to unix permissions and PHP. When php creates a file in unix the owner is nobody...does this raise any issues, and if it does could someone please tell me a web site where I could read more about this. Thanks alot. John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmg5
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with permissions

Can anyone help explain the "s" in the below permissions example. I was reading about the "sticky bit" (t) but I am a little confused. On file "test" wolf% chmod 4777 test wolf% ls -l total 4 drwx------ 2 john staff 512 Mar 19 21:34 nsmail -rwsrwxrwx 1 john staff ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permissions

I saved a perl code in xemacs. I used an xterminal to execute it but unix said that I don't have permission. I saved the files in my home directory. How do I change the permission. This is hat unix said: -ksh: ./names.pl: cannot execute (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnatz
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permissions

to prohibit 'others' from deleting files, what should we omit: write or execute? thx (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Permissions Issue with Python

I have a cron on a Linux server that isn't executing properly. CRON (with specific info replaced): MAILTO=emailaddress@server.com */2 * * * * python /data/site/cron.py OUTPUT: python: can't open file '/data/site/cron.py ': No such file or directoryAdditional info - The python path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theHire
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

permissions

My /tmp is set with the following permissions (777) and a 't' at the end. My umask is set to 022. When I create a directory under /tmp (tmp/xx) it gets created as 755 as expected. Yet when I create a file within that directory (/tmp/xx/yy) the permissions are not 755 they are 644. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Help regarding permissions

Hi I have following directory : => ls -ltr total 0 drwxrwxr-x 2 wmdwhadm dba 8192 Apr 02 23:22 in-process/ => id wmdwhadm uid=210(wmdwhadm) gid=1(staff) groups=251(cogadmin) My first question is although directory belong to dba group, then why "id wmdwhadm" command doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit_203
3 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)