Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace dot with semicolon in PERL Post 302641339 by irudayaraj on Wednesday 16th of May 2012 04:04:26 AM
Old 05-16-2012
Replace dot with semicolon in PERL

Hi,
I have a file in PERL in the following pattern

[file]
filename| 06-Dec-11 03.04.14.000000 PM
filename1| 06-Dec-11 05.05.14.000000 PM
[/QUOTE]

I need to replace .(dot) with Smiliesemicolon) in the timestamp value of the file
How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting on dot in perl

I am trying to split input that looks like ,2005-09-12 01:45:00.000000,2005-09-12 01:48:18.000000, I want to split on the dot . What I am using is ($ev_time,$rol)=split(/\./),$inputfile; This does not recognize the dot as what I want to split on. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace path in a file with dot

Hi, I have a file with below values. /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/dsenv.orig /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/dsenv /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/.cshrc /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/.login... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: njoshi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace blank spaces with semicolon - text file

Hi all, Been trying to find a solution to this, I'm sure its a sed 1 liner, but I don't know sed well enough to work it out... I have a text file in the following format: 431 666 1332 2665 0.24395 432 670 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpcengineering
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string after n semicolon every line

I have a file that is formatted in this way. a1;b2;c33;d4;e5;e;f;f;f;s d;ds;d;a;v;b;g;gr;r;rt;fdf s1;s2;s2;s3;s4; b1;f2;g3;h4;a3c4e;xcsd;fds; sd2;fs4;fs2;sdf3; I want to replace the value just before the 4th semicolon to empty string, regardless the value, such that it looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace quote symbol(") and dot(.) with some other values!!

Hi , I have below input file 1.order number is useful. 2.vendor_id is produced. 3.the vandor name is "malawar". I want output file like 1. order number is useful. 2. vendor_id is produced. 3. the vandor name is VmalawarV. in input file line number 1.order number there is no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this: ((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004)) and I would like this: ((A9,(A11,A13)) How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - search and replace whole string which contains dot

Hello. I would like to search exactly "string1.string2.string3" and replace it by "new_string1.new_string2.new_string3" And I would like to search exactly "string2.string3" and replace it by "new_string2.new_string3" And I would not found in the result : "string1.new_string2.new_string3"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace null values with dot using awk

Using awk I am trying to replace all blank or null values with a . in the tad delimited input. I hope the awk is close. Thank you :). input name test sam 1 liz 2 al 1 awk awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="\t"}{for(i=1;++i<NF;)$i=$i?$i:"."}1'input awk 'BEGIN { FS =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can add via preg replace dot after numbers ?

So lets say i have file my_birthday.402.zip ho it can became my_birthday.4.0.2.zip Thank you :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
1 Replies
discgrp(5gv)						     Geometry Project Programs						      discgrp(5gv)

NAME
discrete group file formats SYNOPSIS
An ascii file representation of a discrete geometric group. SUMMARY
This file format applies to a wide variety of groups encountered in topology and geometry. At the beginning of the file is the string DIS- CGRP, in conformity with other OOGL file formats (see oogl(5)). The remainder of the file is a series of parenthesized expressions. The file format is based on an expandable set of key markers and values. A typical entry would be (group borromean ) where parentheses enclose the expression. The string 'group' is called the key marker. The remaining text contains a value, in this case a character string which is the name of the group. Key markers currently recognized and their values include: group A name for this group. comment An arbitrary comment [maximum length 256 bytes] [must be enclosed in double quotes] attribute One of a several keyword identifiers including: euclidean is a euclidean group hyperbolic is a hyperbolic group spherical is a spherical group transposed the matrices are transposed finite this is a finite group model In the case that 'hyperbolic' is an attribute, and the dimension is three, this keyword sets the model that is expected for reading subsequent isometries, i.e., expects elements of SL(2,C) if the model is upperhalfspace or conformalball and O(3,1,R) if it is projective. projective default upperhalfspace conformalball [not currently implemented] display These values set characteristics of the the display of the discrete group. centercam keeps the camera centered in central dirichlet domain. zcull removes tiles which lie behind the camera. showcam if centercam is set, displays camgeom, if provided (see below). dimn The dimension of the space. ngens Number of generators. gens List of generators. nels Number of group elements. els List of group elements. wafile Word acceptor file (in DEAGL format version 2.2) camgeom An OOGL-format geometry description to represent the observer. geom An OOGL-format geometry description. Will replace the default Dirichlet domain computation. String-matching of key markers and attribute values is case-insensitive. Currently all matrices must be 4x4 real matrices. Hence the only valid dimensions are 2,3, or 4. The typical case is dimension 3 where there are projective models for hyperbolic, euclidean, and spherical geometry. Dimension 2 groups should leave the z-coordinate unchanged. Matrices are considered transposed if they are considered to act on column vectors as in: M.v = v'. This is the usual mathematical conven- tion convention. So, if you use this convention you must mark your matrices as being transposed. Group elements are specified by an optional character string followed by a list of 16 real numbers. For the case of generators, the char- acter string represents the name of that generator. Its main use is with the automatic group software: the name used here should match that of the generator in the word acceptor file. It should, for example, be a single character for the software to work reliably. For composite elements, the string is the word in the generators which describes this group element. OOGL libraries expect discrete group files to use the '.dgp' suffix. A file which describes the group of the three dimensional torus follows: DISCGRP (group 3torus ) (comment " This is a test of the new discrete group library. " ) (attribute Euclidean ) (display centercam ) (enumdepth 3 ) # look at all words of length 3 or less in generators (enumdist 10.0 ) # and which don't move the origin more than 10.0 (dimn 3 ) (ngens 3 ) (gens a 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 -0.1 1 b 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.1 1 0 1 c 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0.2 1 1 ) (cpoint 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 ) (camgeom { = OFF 5 2 5 0 0 0 -0.1 0 0.5 0.1 0 0.5 0 -0.1 0.5 0 0.1 0.5 3 0 1 2 200 200 0 .8 3 0 3 4 0 200 200 .8 } ) FILES
Example group files are to be found in the OOGL release in ${GEOM}/data/groups, where e.g., GEOM = /u/gcg/ngrap. See also discgrp(3) and automata(1). AUTHORS
Charlie Gunn. BUGS
For dimension 2, the code should read and write 3 x 3 matrices. Date: 92/08/26 discgrp(5gv)