Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX OS level
Operating Systems AIX AIX OS level Post 302641275 by nivaspIND on Thursday 17th of May 2012 01:42:36 AM
Old 05-17-2012
As Tony said download latest TLs from IBM Fix center on both and upgrade them , that shld solve ur prob.

HTH
niv

---------- Post updated 05-17-12 at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous update was 05-16-12 at 12:00 PM ----------

6.1.3.0 - AIX 6 with TL1 and SP3
6.1.0.0 - AIX 6 with TL1

You can try to install SP3 from IBM and see if you can get it to the level needed.

HTH
niv

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out the current AIX Maintenance Level

Is there a simple command in the vein of `oslevel` under AIX 4.3 to show the current patch level of the machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. AIX

aix maintenance level

Hi, I want to know which command will list only maintenance level of Aix Operating system For Example: 5.3.1.7 in this example which is maintenance level of OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Technology Level 9

Hi Guys I am currently running AIX 5.3 technology level 6 on a 570, but want to go up to level 9. However I am struggling to find on IBM's website the new features that it brings in, along with the commands for these new features. Can any one help me with this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanbsc@gmail.c
7 Replies

4. AIX

How to upgrade AIX TL (technology level)

Hello. Im attempting to install Oracle 11g, but my current AIX is a bit too old. Oracle 11g require TV 5300-05-06, and my current AIX TV is: % oslevel -s 5300-05-00 So what would be the best way to update TV? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
6 Replies

5. AIX

Finding patch level in AIX

Hi, How to find out patch level in AIX and what patches are installed on AIX box? As per my knowledge oslevel -s will give service and maintanance level description , but regarding patch level any command is there? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX os level 6.1 for list of users and groups

I have a AIX server o/s 5.3.0.0 and a few at o/s 6.1.0.0 The issue I am haveing is running this on the server with o/s of 5.3 works good but not on the o/s of 6.1 any help out here?? #!/usr/bin/ksh user -a pgrp groups ALL |awk '{print $1}' > a1 lsuser -a pgrp groups ALL |awk '{print $2}'|cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcraft
4 Replies

8. AIX

SAN DISK raid level in AIX

Hello All, Our servers having emc clarion for the data disks. Is that possible to see those san disks raid level from AIX ? Am having AIX 6.1 and EMC clarion 5.5. Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

C++ executable is not loading in AIX 6.1 OS LEVEL 6100-09 with Oracle11g.

Hi Everybody, I am getting following error message during execution of my c++ executable "ofsrm" . I am using AIX 6.1 OS LEVEL 6100-09 with Oracle 11g database. Any suggestion on the same? Could not load program ofsrm: rtld: 0712-001 Symbol GetOracleDriver__FiPc was referenced from module ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ratikanta
1 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)