Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux /var/lock/subsys permission denied for root Post 302641045 by Corona688 on Tuesday 15th of May 2012 02:41:28 PM
Old 05-15-2012
If you take out that line, other things using lockfp ought to complain about that variable not even existing.

And what the rest of the code does is certainly important. There may be bugs that misinterpret its return value, for instance.

Can we please see more of the code?

Also, a df -h just to make sure /var/lock/subsys/ isn't some odd filesystem that even root can't write to.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied when changing root password after reset

I have a Solaris 10 machine that I didn't know the root password to so I went into single user mode and removed the password from the shadow file and rebooted and I am able to login with no password now. But my problem is that when I try to change the root password from no password to something... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkone_d1_2000
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/var/mail/$LOGINNAME.lock

I'm not able to view my inbox mails, I'm using Thunderbird. I have checked the /var/mail/ directory files. There I saw the lock file. . I have removed the lock file and restarted the Thunderbird, again the lock file is created. I have changed the file group as mail from users. after that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
1 Replies

8. AIX

Permission Denied issue on AIX 6.1 using Root

I have the following problem on my AIX 6.1 server. I logged in with Root ID to this folder etc/opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib I try changing the folder permission but I keep getting this output : chmod: /opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib: Permission Denied I did a listing on it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdsweet98
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to create a script to run as root, permission denied

Hello all, I am trying to create a script or a .command file that will run for me and my other techs on many, many Mac OSX computers that will add a file to the /etc/ folder called /etc/launchd.conf Every time I try to run the script, I get "Permission Denied" when trying to put the file into... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DonnieNarco
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't open nodes-6379.conf in order to acquire a lock: Permission denied

I am getting error on redis server on linux 7.5 after change the default path /var/lib/redis to /redisdata, and enable cluster-enabled yes. It would be really appreciate if some one can check and suggest on this issue. error code: 1240:C 09 Sep 2018 13:53:51.058 # oO0OoO0OoO0Oo Redis is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
3 Replies
pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T)												 pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_unlock() - unlock a read-write lock. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
rwlock Pointer to the read-write lock to be unlocked. DESCRIPTION
The function is called by the owner to release the read-write lock referenced by rwlock. Results are undefined if the read-write lock rwlock is not held by the calling thread. If this function is called to release a read lock on the read-write lock rwlock and there are other read locks currently held on this read- write lock, the read-write lock shall remain in the read locked state but without the current thread as one of its owners. If this function releases the last read lock for this read-write lock, the object shall be put in the unlocked state with no owners. If this function is called to release a write lock on the read-write lock rwlock, the read-write lock shall be put in the unlocked state with no owners. If the call to the function results in the read-write lock becoming unlocked and there are threads waiting to acquire the read-write lock for writing, the scheduling policy is used to determine which thread shall acquire the read-write lock for writing. If there are threads waiting to acquire the read-write lock object for reading, the scheduling policy is used to determine the order in which the waiting threads shall acquire the read-write lock object for reading. If there are multiple threads blocked on rwlock for both read locks and write locks, it is unspecified whether the readers will acquire the lock first or whether a writer will acquire the lock first. Results are undefined if this function is called with an uninitialized read-write lock. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an initialized read-write lock object. [EPERM] The current thread does not own the read-write lock. AUTHOR
was developed by X/Open. SEE ALSO
pthread_rwlock_init(3T), pthread_rwlock_destroy(3T), pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_trywrlock(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T)