Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep - Extracting multiple key words from stdout Post 302640981 by jcdole on Tuesday 15th of May 2012 01:46:38 PM
Old 05-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drl
Hi.
Best wishes ... cheers, drl
My problem is not to find some substring within a file; as jim mcnamara give me a solution.
My (new)problem is to find substring which contain single quote within the file. And to print to the screen what is to be being done.

Making some try, I can print the variable CMD which show on screen the good code to be executed:

Code:
echo "COMMAND : $CMD"

Show :
Code:
COMMAND : CNT=$(  grep -c -e  "Non-option program arguments: 'nxclient'" -e   "Checking whether to refresh metadata for zypper_local"  -e  "Selecting 'nxclient-3.5.0-7.x86_64' from repository 'zypper_local' for installation."  /tmp/nxclient_install_log.txt )

Which is correct; and should give CNT=3 which is correct.
But when I try to execute $CMD I get this error :
Code:
/root/bin/freenx_install_server_function: line 102: CNT=$(: command not found

How to execute $CMD with success.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-15-2012 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: code tags and formatting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting some words

i run a command that submits a word to WordNET which stores the search results in a document which looks like this... i searched "car" in this instance and id like to extract auto, automobile, machine, and store it in a file with the , , stripped away just the words. WordNET's results' template... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_nsx
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on multiple words to match text template

hi, I have few text templates as a simple ex: template 1 city Name: zip code: state Name: template2: employee Name: Phone number: I wish to grep on given text file and make sure the text file matches one of these templates. Please give your ideas. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rider29
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search multiple words using grep

Hi frnds i want to desplay file names that should be word1 and word2 ex : i have 10 *.log files 5 files having word1 and word2 5 files having only word1, i have used below command egrep -l 'word1|word2' *.log its giving all 10 files, but i want to display only 5... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: pb18798
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep multiple words in a single line

Hi.. How to search for multiple words in a single line using grep?. Eg: Jack and Jill went up the hill Jack and Jill were best friends Humpty and Dumpty were good friends too ---------- I want to extract the 2nd statement(assuming there are several statements with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

words extracting

Hi, Pls assist. dn: uid=test,ou=test,dc=com description: password sunIdentityServerDeviceStatus: Active uid: test objectClass: sunIdentityServerDevice objectClass: iplanet-am-user-service objectClass: top objectClass: iPlanetPreferences sunIdentityServerDeviceType: blabla cn: default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Max date for multiple same key

Can any one help me to sort and extract the max date row from multiple same key ? example of input file kEY DATE(YYY-MM-DD) 10 2011-08-01 20 2011-09-02 20 2011-10-01 20 2011-08-02 30 2010-01-20 30 2011-01-20 Out put : 10 2011-08-01co 20 2011-10-01 30 2011-01-20 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple words in a single file

Hello All, I'm a newbie/rookie in Shell scipting. I've done oracle export of a table using Export utility. When I do export, it generates 2 files. 1> .dmp file 2> .dmp.log file. In .dmp.log file I have to search for a sentence which goes like '0 records have been inserted' and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samfisher
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple words with not null value

Hi, I want to grep a file if any one (GH, IJ, KL) is not null. If it is null i dont want to pull anything. cat file | awk '{print ($1)}' Parameters are : AB=123;CD=456;EF=6789; cat file | awk '{print ($2)}' GH=456;IJ=789;KL=1011 eg: Contents in file: Parameters are :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confused with grep for multiple words

Hi guys and gals, I have many files that contains many lines of data. I am trying to find a needle in a haystack in that I'm looking only for files that contain word1 AND word2. I'm using ... ... but this is finding files that contains word1 OR word2. No good for me. How can I grep to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep multiple words in a file with help of fixed string switch

I have multiple strings in a file which have special character $, when i search strings by ignoring $ with \ using single quotes it returns empty results. My search strings are set char_1($lock) and set new_char_clear_3($unlock) I tried searching with but it returns empty results.However... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_eashwar
3 Replies
AFUSE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  AFUSE(1)

NAME
AFUSE - automounting file system implemented in user-space using FUSE DESCRIPTION
usage: afuse mountpoint [options] general options: -o opt,[opt...] mount options -h --help print help -V --version print FUSE version information AFUSE options: -o mount_template=CMD template for CMD to execute to mount (*) -o unmount_template=CMD template for CMD to execute to unmount (*) (**) (*) - When executed, %r and %m are expanded in templates to the root directory name for the new mount point, and the actual directory to mount onto respectively to mount onto. Both templates are REQUIRED. (**)- The unmount command must perform a lazy unmount operation. E.g. the -u -z options to fusermount, or -l for regular mount. FUSE options: -d -o debug enable debug output (implies -f) -f foreground operation -s disable multi-threaded operation -o allow_other allow access to other users -o allow_root allow access to root -o nonempty allow mounts over non-empty file/dir -o default_permissions enable permission checking by kernel -o fsname=NAME set filesystem name -o large_read issue large read requests (2.4 only) -o max_read=N set maximum size of read requests -o hard_remove immediate removal (don't hide files) -o use_ino let filesystem set inode numbers -o readdir_ino try to fill in d_ino in readdir -o direct_io use direct I/O -o kernel_cache cache files in kernel -o umask=M set file permissions (octal) -o uid=N set file owner -o gid=N set file group -o entry_timeout=T cache timeout for names (1.0s) -o negative_timeout=T cache timeout for deleted names (0.0s) -o attr_timeout=T cache timeout for attributes (1.0s) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Varun Hiremath <varunhiremath@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). October 12, 2006 AFUSE(1)