Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle 10g on AIX7
Operating Systems AIX Oracle 10g on AIX7 Post 302640793 by Zio Bill on Tuesday 15th of May 2012 10:16:23 AM
Old 05-15-2012
thanks Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle 10g

I have download Oracle 10g for Solaris and I have configurate environment than I will start runInstaller and I have a messege that my version of solaris is not 5.7 , 5.8 and 5,9 I have 5.10 Solaris version what I shoud do I have download most actuall Oracle databases. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Oracle 10G installation on Solaris 9

Hi Guys, I need to install Oracle 10g on solaris 9, the server is not in cluster. The server is already running applications like OVO and Weblogic. Can you guys please tell me the steps to do this and what paramaters ( Kernal and otherwise) which need to be modified? There will be about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Help installing Oracle 9i/10g on RedHat?

If anybody can help would be greatly appreciated... I get the same error with Oracle 9i & 10g when installing on Red Hat Fedora 4, it's java related... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/OraInstall2007-03-16_01-09PM/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: connat restore segment... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
0 Replies

4. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing oracle 10g on solaris

Thanks all for your help. Now here is another problem i have, i have been trying to install oracle 10g on solaris but i keep getting this error message "there is not enough memory on the volume you specify to copy the starter database files the oracle universal installer discover that you have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutiat
8 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i install oracle 10g on x86

Please guide me to install oracle 10g in x86 machine running solaris10. I tried the method that is distributed with the Oracle cd, but i finds it to be too complicated for me to complete. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

7. Programming

Oracle 10g tables dumps

HI All, I am using Oracle 10g . Want to take dumps(.dmp log) from many tables with where clause having same schema. ex : TB_MTH_ORA_CAB "WHERE TRUNC(dw_entry_dt )= TO_DATE('01-JAN-2011')" TB_AM_AT_OSS_MAT "WHERE TRUNC(dw_entry_date )>= TO_DATE('01-JAN-2011') AND TRUNC(dw_entry_date )<=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies
OCI_SET_ACTION(3)														 OCI_SET_ACTION(3)

oci_set_action - Sets the action name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_action (resource $connection, string $action_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the action name for Oracle tracing. The action name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The action name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitor- ing such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $action_name - User chosen string up to 32 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the action <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the action oci_set_action($c, 'Friend Lookup'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the actions // being performed: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select action from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_ACTION(3)