Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Broken Disks (?)
Operating Systems Solaris Broken Disks (?) Post 302640427 by pxb368@motorola on Monday 14th of May 2012 06:22:42 PM
Old 05-14-2012
Amazing, I will try that as soon as I get a new HD.

Thanks in advance,

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken

Ok i am running Linux, or rather was. I can not longer do anything. This was a dns server amoungst other things. It will no longer boot. I have used a startup disk, but how can i recover the OS? I need help and urgently. Please someone thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
3 Replies

2. Linux

is grep -i broken?

Is grep -i (case insensitive) broken? If not, can someone explain to me why the third grep fails with no output? $ echo DBI DBH | grep DB DBI DBH $ echo dbi dbh | grep -i 'DB' dbi dbh $ echo DBI DBH | grep -i DB $ grep --version grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 Copyright 1988, 1992-1999,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
3 Replies

4. Linux

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir2
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe

I know what causes 'broken pipe' errors, but I can't understand why I can get it (only occasionally) with my example: ps -ef | grep "\./ans$" | grep -v grep Basically I'm searching the ps output looking for the process I'm interested in and excluding the process that is grepping for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhew
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Broken raid

Hello, I have 2 servers with broken raid 1, but each one gives me a different error, I dont know what is the difference. # cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : md0 : active raid1 sdb1(F) sda1 2102464 blocks md1 : active raid1 sdb2(F) sda2 264960 blocks md2 : active... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRiOsGR
3 Replies

7. AIX

Please help: workstation broken?

I have buy an used Workstation intellistation power5 IBM. But doesn't work. How to turn on? I try to connect network asmi take the ip ping is ok telnet ok but if i try to connect to a browser give me timeout The display give me a yellow sign ! and error B150F22A Someone can help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies
XScreenSaver(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   XScreenSaver(1)

NAME
wander - colorful random-walk. SYNOPSIS
wander [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-density number] [-reset number] [-length number] [-delay number] [-circles] [-size number] [-advance number] DESCRIPTION
Draws a colorful random-walk, in various forms. OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -density number Density. 1 - 30. Default: 2. -reset number Number of frames before resetting. Default: 2500000. -length number Number of iterations. Default: 25000. -delay number Sustain. 0 - 60. Default: 1. -circles | -no-circles Whether to draw spots. -size number Size. 0 - 100. Default: 1. -advance number Color Contrast. 1 - 100. Default: 1. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 by Rick Campbell. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Rick Campbell. X Version 11 XScreenSaver(1)