Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat creating virtual nic permenant Post 302640013 by leganti on Monday 14th of May 2012 05:23:32 PM
Old 05-14-2012
am getting this error when try to up the first nic eth0

SIOCSIFADDR:File exists
SIOCSIFFLAGS:cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFNETMASK:cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFADDR:cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFBROADCAST:cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFBRDADDR:cannot assign requested address

---------- Post updated 05-15-12 at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous update was 05-14-12 at 09:03 AM ----------

thanx geek after all , what i did i have added to /etc/rc.local and it is working fine now.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating virtual ip addresses

i am running solaris 9 i now how to create virtual ip address but how do i keep them so when the server reboots they are still there?...THANX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Binding Virtual IP address to NIC

Hi, I bound a virtual IP to a network card on my E450 server and I am getting this error when I reboot the server, saying, " retrying host, RPC time out. I had to break this sequence and allow other services to load. Of course they didn't load properly. Please how can I sort this out? I do need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
8 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check Virtual NIC card speed on solaris

Hi, We have a 4 port Sun gigaswift NIC card on our sun fire server. If the card is a physical one I know how to check the settings/speed. But since this is a virtual card with 4 ports , I am not sure as how we can check the settings. Details ----------- root:/> ifconfig -a lo0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pray44u
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card which condition can make a decision Does HP UX have Virtual Network Adapter Concept if ,it has where I can Find if I Install Virutal Network Adapter or which command that i can get it or which software can generate thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. Solaris

MAC spoofing a virtual NIC on Solaris 5.0

Hi everybody! I'm facing a problem and I doubt about the solution (I'm not very familiar with old *NIXs). An external network supplier (let's call them "telco") just installed new communication components that filters MAC addresses. I have a Solaris 5 server, with 1 NIC (hte0) which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Isharfoxat
6 Replies

6. Solaris

create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10

Hi All, does any body know how to create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10 if any one have good article or reference kindly provide me i try to Google but i didn't find good one (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a virtual Interface to recieve snmp traps

All, I have a question regarding setting up a virtual interface to recieve snmp traps from network devices. My Solaris 10 server is running the HPOV-NNMi application. The network devices in our environment (many thousands) are all pre-configured to send their snmp traps to a specific IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: turk22
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

I want to tune NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. which NIC device should I modify.

Dear All I want tune my NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. In my system I have two NIC (eth0, eth1) and I have a bond0 ( eth0, eth1). Here is the question? Which device should I modify ? eth0 and eth1? or just modify bond0 or modify all device (eth0, eth1, bond0) Any advice is welcome.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

9. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)				   User Commands				asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)

NAME
delete-virtual-server - deletes the virtual server with the named virtual server ID SYNOPSIS
delete-virtual-server --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile file- name] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] virtual_server_id Deletes the virtual server with the named virtual server ID. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
virtual_server_id identifies the unique ID for the virtual server to be created. This virtual server ID cannot begin with a number. Example 1: Using delete-virtual-server asadmin> delete-virtual-server --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 sample_vs1 Command delete-virtual-server executed successfully Where sample_vs1 is the virtual server deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS), asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)