Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Interface card using a lot of bandwith Post 302639877 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 13th of May 2012 12:08:29 PM
Old 05-13-2012
DTrace is part of the Solaris 10 distribution, you already have it. You may also have some other DTrace script to do what you want. look in /usr/demo/dtrace. google for brandan gregg, his site has some good information. You can certainly transcribe D code to your box without violating security - most of it has less than 20 lines of code anyway.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network bandwith for oracle

Hi, we should size our network (LAN and WAN) bandwidth regarding Oracle database and Oracle Applications that we will install. how to determine Bandwidth ? What is the relation between number of users, number of transactions and bandwidth ? Any Oracle documentation ? Please ? Many thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi Network card interface problem

My system info is show below:- #uname -a SunOS qfserver 5.8 Generic_117350-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 and I have two network card as shown below:- #ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarifudin
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to configure network interface card in OEL.

Hi I have installed OEL 4 on my dell XPS laptop. But when i connect the LAN cable and try to acesss internet. it does not work. the led's in the port do not blink when i plug in the cable .do i need some drivers please suggest. Thanks Ankur (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Interface bandwith utilization in Mbps

Hi Experts, I want to plot graph for interface traffic of redhat machine. I am having hard time finding where to start. Any tools ? i found this php script which prints bytes send / received. but i need something which can give me value as mbps or kbps. If can can get output from some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys, Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine?? I got these OID's ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Regarding Network Interface Card

Dear All , While taking backups in one Linux Server , we find one alert came with regard to Network Interface Card. Pl find the below alert. Network Interface Card performance for NIC:eth1 has exceeded Major threshold. Bytes sent and received per second (Average)= 105540.303101... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Interface card link goes down and recovers frequently

Hi Experts, I have an issue where the interface card went down for like four times in last one week in redhat linux server. Every time it goes down, it comes back. 2014 Oct 21 07:22:14 <hostname> kernel: nx_nic: NIC Link is down 2014 Oct 21 07:22:21 <hostname> kernel: nx_nic: NIC Link is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanu1985
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Looking for driver for SunSAI/P 3.0 (Serial Asynchronous Interface) card X2156A

I'm looking for driver for SunSAI/P 3.0 (Serial Asynchronous Interface) card X2156A for Solaris. It used to be on sun-solve, but I fail to find it on the Oracle site. Any help would be very appreciated! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ira28
1 Replies
AXNET_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       AXNET_CS(4)

NAME
axnet_cs - Asix AX88190 chipset PCMCIA Ethernet Driver SYNOPSIS
insmod axnet_cs.o [pc_debug=n] [irq_list=i,j,...] DESCRIPTION
Axnet_cs is a driver for PCMCIA ethernet cards based on the Asix AX88190 chipset. These cards are mostly NE2000 compatible but have sev- eral bugs that are sufficiently tricky to work around that a separate driver was deemed necessary. When this driver is bound to a card, it allocates the next available ethernet device (eth0..eth#). This device name will be reported in the kernel log file, and passed on to cardmgr(8). PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. irq_list=i,j,... Specifies the set of interrupts that may be allocated by this driver. DIAGNOSTICS
axnet_cs: this is not an AX88190 card! Indicates that this card is probably a normal NE2000 compatible card, which requires the pcnet_cs driver. eth#: interrupt(s) dropped! Indicates that the driver did not receive an interrupt notification for some reason. The driver will poll the card (with a signifi- cant performance penalty) if the problem persists. The most likely cause is an interrupt conflict and/or host bridge configuration problem. AUTHOR
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5). pcmcia-cs 2001/08/17 12:51:58 AXNET_CS(4)