Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UID Admin
Operating Systems Solaris UID Admin Post 302639831 by ramareddi16 on Sunday 13th of May 2012 10:54:24 AM
Old 05-13-2012
UID Admin

Hi All,

I have to give permission to one of the groups called as "ABC" as like the permissions of the group "UNIXADM".

Could you please some one help on this issue ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

UID Change

Currently, I have about 7 servers and the uid for a given person is different on each server. I want to make the uid's the same for a given username on each server. I know how to change the uid via smit, but when I do the previous uid number shows up as the owner for the files of that username.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcateriny
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reversing UID's

Is it possible given a uid to determine information about the person with the uid? An example would be simple information regarding what group and the name of the person associated with that uid. It seems there is probably an easy staring me in the face but i cant seem to find it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreaming1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

uid script help

i need a script to process a password file and based on the UIDs in the password file, generate the new UID that is 1 greater than the highest uid. i have some script logic but i dont really understand it. any help? #!/usr/bin/perl ########################################## #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UId

is tty command opens a process in the system if yes then why process got the userid????? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mac91
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicated UID

Hi folks! I need you help to discover what's the impact of a duplicated UID in an operating system. What's the meaning when someone put in different users the same UID? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcostabh
3 Replies

7. AIX

More than 1 UID 0

Hi, Can any one please tell what are the risks of having more than one users having UID 0 (root)? Thanks Naveed (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveedaix
9 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
CGCREATE(1)							 libcgroup Manual						       CGCREATE(1)

NAME
cgcreate - create new cgroup(s) SYNOPSIS
cgcreate [-h] [-t <tuid>:<tgid>] [-a <agid>:<auid>] [-f mode] [-d mode] [-s mode] -g <controllers>:<path> [-g ...] DESCRIPTION
The command creates new cgroup(s) defined by the options -g. -a <agid>:<auid> defines the name of the user and the group which own the rest of the defined control group's files. These users are allowed to set subsystem parameters and create subgroups. The default value is the same as has the parent cgroup. -d, --dperm=mode sets the permissions of a control groups directory. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -d 775. -f, --fperm=mode sets the permissions of the control groups parameters. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -f 775. The value is not used as given because the current owner's permissions are used as an umask (so 777 will set group and others permis- sions to the owners permissions). -g <controllers>:<path> defines control groups to be added. controllers is a list of controllers and path is the relative path to control groups in the given controllers list. This option can be specified multiple times. -h, --help display this help and exit -s, --tperm=mode sets the permissions of the control group tasks file. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -s 775. The value is not used as given because the current owner's permissions are used as an umask (so 777 will set group and others permis- sions to the owners permissions). -t <tuid>:<tgid> defines the name of the user and the group, which owns tasks file of the defined control group. I.e. this user and members of this group have write access to the file. The default value is the same as has the parent cgroup. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CGROUP_LOGLEVEL controls verbosity of the tool. Allowed values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING or ERROR. FILES
SEE ALSO
cgrules.conf (5) cgexec (1) cgclassify (1) Linux 2009-03-15 CGCREATE(1)