Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux help to print all the contents under chosen records in perl Post 302639655 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 12th of May 2012 01:11:38 PM
Old 05-12-2012
Hello, please specify what the output file looks like now and what it should look like

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to print contents on the screen?

I have the following questions regrading Unix commands. 1. Could you provide the commands how to print the content of ".profile" and ".shrc" files on the screen using "more" and "piple" command? 2. How can i use the "head" and "tail" to display lines from 25 through 75... 3. How to search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadba
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command to print fifo of contents (or perl)

Hello, What are the options to print the contents of a directory in FIFO fashion? I have searched the forum for something relative to this question and found no answers. If there is a way please advise, if it has already been answered, please provide a link to the post. Alternately if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using first word and print their contents using awk

suppose u hava a file G1354R tGGC-CGC D1361N cGAC-AAC I1424T ATC-ACC R768W gCGG-TGG Q1382R CAG-CGG Q178E gCAG-GAG Y181C TAC-TGC .........cont. So the question is By searching for first word i.e.character say R output shud be R768W gCGG-TGG R182P CGG-CCG R189W ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print contents of any file within some timeframe

Hi, Is there anyway to print contents of any file ( say log files that grow automatically) within some timeframe ( comparing with current time), say print contents of the added in: 1) last 2 hr 2) last 45 min 3) last 3 hrs 47 min (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print records before and after the pattern

Hi All, I want to write a sh shell script to read input report and search for a specefic pattern in file and print 3 record above and 2 record below the line in which pattern found. My file contains different- different pattern repeatedly, same pattern set of records should go into one file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read contents of the file and print

AT ---------- 0 Elapsed: 00:00:00.02 SO ---------- 0 Elapsed: 00:00:00.01 SE ---------- 0 Elapsed: 00:00:00.01 CR ---------- (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print records where an ID appears more than once

Hi everyone! I have something like the following records in a file: ID: 1 Name: A Age: 23 ID: 2 Name: B ID: 1 Activity: Climbing ID: 3 Name: C ID: 3 Activity: Skating I want to capture the records where the field Age exists AND the records that have the same ID as the one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question - How do I print contents of an array on a single line?

I have the following code: print @testarray; which returns: 8 8 8 9 How do I return the array like this: The output is: 8, 8, 8, 9 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print other records along with condition too

Hi, I have a text file with more than 100000 records. I used the following command awk '{if ($3<$2) print $1"\t"$3"\t"$2"\t"$4"\t"$5}' input.txt > output.txt But, this one is printing which satisfies the condition, which are only 1000. I would like to get all the 100000 records in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a date and print the contents below the line

Hi, We have a script which takes the backup of some files and writes the output into a log file for each run on a daily basis. Following is the extract from the log file. Date:20120917 ********************************************************** * BACKUP ACTIVITY STARTED ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies
LOGSAVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LOGSAVE(8)

NAME
logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile SYNOPSIS
logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile. If the containing directory for logfile does not exist, logsave will accumulate the output in memory until it can be written out. A copy of the output will also be written to standard output. If cmd_prog is a single hyphen ('-'), then instead of executing a program, logsave will take its input from standard input and save it in logfile logsave is useful for saving the output of initial boot scripts until the /var partition is mounted, so the output can be written to /var/log. OPTIONS
-a This option will cause the output to be appended to logfile, instead of replacing its current contents. -s This option will cause logsave to skip writing to the log file text which is bracketed with a control-A (ASCII 001 or Start of Header) and control-B (ASCII 002 or Start of Text). This allows progress bar information to be visible to the user on the console, while not being written to the log file. -v This option will make logsave to be more verbose in its output to the user. AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) SEE ALSO
fsck(8) E2fsprogs version 1.42.9 December 2013 LOGSAVE(8)