Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat creating virtual nic permenant Post 302639637 by leganti on Saturday 12th of May 2012 10:58:30 AM
Old 05-12-2012
i have create another file ifcfg-eth0:1 and then i change device= eth0:1 but am getting error to get new ipaddress.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating virtual ip addresses

i am running solaris 9 i now how to create virtual ip address but how do i keep them so when the server reboots they are still there?...THANX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Binding Virtual IP address to NIC

Hi, I bound a virtual IP to a network card on my E450 server and I am getting this error when I reboot the server, saying, " retrying host, RPC time out. I had to break this sequence and allow other services to load. Of course they didn't load properly. Please how can I sort this out? I do need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
8 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check Virtual NIC card speed on solaris

Hi, We have a 4 port Sun gigaswift NIC card on our sun fire server. If the card is a physical one I know how to check the settings/speed. But since this is a virtual card with 4 ports , I am not sure as how we can check the settings. Details ----------- root:/> ifconfig -a lo0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pray44u
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card which condition can make a decision Does HP UX have Virtual Network Adapter Concept if ,it has where I can Find if I Install Virutal Network Adapter or which command that i can get it or which software can generate thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. Solaris

MAC spoofing a virtual NIC on Solaris 5.0

Hi everybody! I'm facing a problem and I doubt about the solution (I'm not very familiar with old *NIXs). An external network supplier (let's call them "telco") just installed new communication components that filters MAC addresses. I have a Solaris 5 server, with 1 NIC (hte0) which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Isharfoxat
6 Replies

6. Solaris

create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10

Hi All, does any body know how to create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10 if any one have good article or reference kindly provide me i try to Google but i didn't find good one (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a virtual Interface to recieve snmp traps

All, I have a question regarding setting up a virtual interface to recieve snmp traps from network devices. My Solaris 10 server is running the HPOV-NNMi application. The network devices in our environment (many thousands) are all pre-configured to send their snmp traps to a specific IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: turk22
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

I want to tune NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. which NIC device should I modify.

Dear All I want tune my NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. In my system I have two NIC (eth0, eth1) and I have a bond0 ( eth0, eth1). Here is the question? Which device should I modify ? eth0 and eth1? or just modify bond0 or modify all device (eth0, eth1, bond0) Any advice is welcome.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

9. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
IPSEC_TNCFG(8)                                                    [FIXME: manual]                                                   IPSEC_TNCFG(8)

NAME
ipsec_tncfg - manipulate KLIPS virtual interfaces SYNOPSIS
ipsec tncfg ipsec tncfg --create virtual ipsec tncfg --delete virtual ipsec tncfg --attach --virtual virtual --physical physical ipsec tncfg --detach --virtual virtual ipsec tncfg --clear ipsec tncfg --version ipsec tncfg --help OBSOLETE
Note that tncfg is only supported on the classic KLIPS stack. It is not supported on any other stack and will be completely removed in future versions. A replacement command still needs to be designed DESCRIPTION
The historical use of tncfg is to attach/detach IPsec virtual interfaces (e.g. ipsec0) to/from physical interfaces (e.g. eth0) through which packets will be forwarded once processed by KLIPS. The modern use of tncfg is to create and delete virtual interfaces known as mastXXX. mast stands for Mooring and XXX. The form with no additional arguments lists the contents of /proc/net/ipsec_tncfg. The format of /proc/net/ipsec_tncfg is discussed in ipsec_tncfg(5). The --attach form attaches the virtual interface to the physical one. The --detach form detaches the virtual interface from whichever physical interface it is attached to. The --clear form clears all the virtual interfaces from whichever physical interfaces they were attached to. Virtual interfaces typically have names like ipsec0 or mast0 while physical interfaces typically have names like eth0 or ppp0. EXAMPLES
ipsec tncfg --create mast12 creates the mast12 device. ipsec tncfg --create ipsec4 creates an ipsec4 device, but does not attach it. ipsec tncfg --attach --virtual ipsec0 --physical eth0 attaches the ipsec0 virtual device to the eth0 physical device. FILES
/proc/net/ipsec_tncfg, /usr/local/bin/ipsec SEE ALSO
ipsec(8), ipsec_manual(8), ipsec_eroute(8), ipsec_spi(8), ipsec_spigrp(8), ipsec_klipsdebug(8), ipsec_tncfg(5) HISTORY
Written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org/> by Richard Guy Briggs. [FIXME: source] 10/06/2010 IPSEC_TNCFG(8)