Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help me find ubuntu basics
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help me find ubuntu basics Post 302639559 by uDIT on Saturday 12th of May 2012 05:42:12 AM
Old 05-12-2012
help me find ubuntu basics

hello, im new to the unix/linux
just got the ubuntu installed in a comp
i need some startup material to learn ubuntu and sripting

i have these tutorials for linux but some commands not running in ubuntu...
https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...tutorials.html

please help with some content like above for ubuntu

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Basics

I want to learn UNIX, but I have a few questions. If anybody could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. First, I've decided I'm going to use Red Hat Linux and I've been told the only difference between 7.2 and the Professional (besides the price), is the tech support that you'll receive. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulSF
2 Replies

2. Linux

Command to find default font name in Ubuntu OS

Hi, Does anyone know whether there is any console command available to get the info of the default Ubuntu OS or any config file where in I search for the font details? I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and 10.04 (LTS) both together. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

I want to find the anecdotes, ubuntu christian edition

There are such funny moments as: documents are saved by the grace through faith there are no daemons in xubuntu command chmod 666 is disabled (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Cannot find ubuntu on boot up

My brother (naughty) reloaded windows 7 on my computer and now I can not boot into linux. It now goes straight to win 7. What maybe wrong and can it be fixed. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: humphreyvn
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files associated with a package using Ubuntu

Stupid question of the day. How can I find a file that is associated with a package installed on my Ubuntu 12.04 desktop. More clarification, so if I: lsof -p 11399 java 11399 davider mem REG 8,6 438211 265067 /usr/lib/java/jre1.7.0_07/lib/i386/libt2k.so How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Unable to find WWN on Ubuntu 12

Hi All I am trying to get WWN from the FC adapters to provide to storage admin to provide me with some LUNs, but after some research on google I was asked to use sysfsutilstool, but when I try to install the deb package I got stuck on dependencies. the one that is giving me issues is : libc6.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies
import-bug-from-debian(1)				      General Commands Manual					 import-bug-from-debian(1)

NAME
import-bug-from-debian - Import bugs from Debian's BTS, and file them against Ubuntu in LP. SYNOPSIS
import-bug-from-debian [options] bug... import-bug-from-debian -h DESCRIPTION
import-bug-from-debian clones bugs from Debian's BTS into Launchpad. Each bug listed on the command line has its initial report re-filed against the same source package in Ubuntu. The Ubuntu bug is linked back to its Debian counterpart. Each bug may be provided either as a bug number or URL. OPTIONS
-b, --browserless Don't open the bug in a browser at the end. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". -p PACKAGE, --package=PACKAGE Launchpad package to file bug against, if not the same source package name as Debian. Useful for importing removal bugs filed against ftp.debian.org. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. IMPORT_BUG_FROM_DEBIAN_LPINSTANCE, UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The default value for --lpinstance. SEE ALSO
ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHORS
import-bug-from-debian was written by James Westby <james.westby@ubuntu.com>, and this manual page was written by Stefano Rivera <ste- fanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools September 21 2010 import-bug-from-debian(1)