Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Place , character after 3 digits from left to right in a string Post 302639539 by mirni on Saturday 12th of May 2012 03:50:46 AM
Old 05-12-2012
If you have 'rev' from util-linux package , it's easy:

Code:
$ echo 12345678911234567 | rev | sed 's/\([0-9][0-9][0-9]\)/\1,/g' | rev

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the most left hand string ??

Hi, I remember once seeing a way to get the left most string in a word. Let's say: a="First.Second.Third" (separated by dot) echo ${a#*.} shows --> Second.Third echo ${a##*.} shows --> Third How do I get the the left most string "First" Or "First.Second" ??? Tried to replace #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfortes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to check if a string has only digits

Hi guys, I am not very experienced in writing ksh scripts and I am trying to write a piece of code that indicates if a given string contains only digits and no alphabet (upper or lower case). If i write it my way it would turn out to have a lot of comparisons.. :eek: Thanks a lot in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikanth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract digits at end of string

I have a string like xxxxxx44. What's the best way to extract the digits (one or more) in a ksh script? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: offirc
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the last digits of a string

print out 201 in following string, Please note the chars before 201 are random, no fixed format. ua07app201 (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a special character $ in place of extra spaces

Hi Experts, I have called some.txt with the following content. oracle HYRDSRVIHUB01 pts/0 TESTIHUB 07-JUN-10 CREATE TABLE TESTIHUB PHONE ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search between 2 digits a string

I would like to search between two a string. I thought this would be easy. The is always at the beginning of a line. The code: gawk '/^/{d=$1},/searchstring/,/^(d+1)/' or gawk '/^/,/searchstring/,/^/' did not return the desired result. inputfile.txt 999 some text searchstring some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate left side portion of a string

I have a awk file which consists of the follwoing code in file select.awk : /xxx/ { time = gensub(/xxx \*\*\*(.*)/, "\\1", "g") printf("%s\n",time) next } and an input file with the following file file.txt :- xxx ***Wed May 2 18:00:00 CDT 2012 AAA AAAA AAAA xxx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikshavarma
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for a file having a particular character in a particular place in a directory.?

Hi Guys, I want to search for a specific file in a directory which have a "b" letter as the 3rd character in the name of the file. For Example : /abc/efg/ldbjfblkj.sh /abc/efg/erublkd.sh /abc/efg/eibueora.sh /abc/efg/kfvnmnb.sh Since we have 2 files with "b" as a 3rd character in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace certain character at specific place with related character

hello i have file with 100k records and each one has certain value that starts at 28th column and certain value that starts at 88th column e.g. 1st file <25>1234567 ..... <88> 8573785485 i have aditional file with values which are related to value that starts at 88th column of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell1520
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract n-digits from string in perl

Hello, I have a log file with logs such as 01/05/2017 10:23:41 : file.log.38: database error, MODE=SINGLE, LEVEL=critical, STATE: 01170255 (mode main how can i use perl to extract the 8-digit number below from the string 01170255 Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2009
7 Replies
SVN::Web::View(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       SVN::Web::View(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Web::View - SVN::Web action to view a file in the repository SYNOPSIS
In config.yaml actions: ... view: class: SVN::Web::View action_menu: show: - file link_text: (view file) ... DESCRIPTION
Shows a specific revision of a file in the Subversion repository. Includes the commit information for that file. OPTIONS
rev The revision of the file to show. Defaults to the repository's youngest revision. If this is not an interesting revision for this file, the repository history is searched to find the youngest interesting revision for this file that is less than "rev". TEMPLATE VARIABLES
at_head A boolean value, indicating whether the user is currently viewing the HEAD of the file in the repository. context Always "file". rev The revision that has been returned. This is not necessarily the same as the "rev" option passed to the action. If the "rev" passed to the action is not interesting (i.e., there were no changes to the file at that revision) then the file's history is searched backwards to find the next oldest interesting revision. youngest_rev The youngest interesting revision of the file. mimetype The file's MIME type, extracted from the file's "svn:mime-type" property. If this is not set then "text/plain" is used. file The contents of the file. author The revision's author. date The date the revision was committed, formatted according to "Time and date formatting" in SVN::Web. msg The revision's commit message. EXCEPTIONS
None. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2004 by Chia-liang Kao "<clkao@clkao.org>". Copyright 2005-2007 by Nik Clayton "<nik@FreeBSD.org>". This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 SVN::Web::View(3pm)