Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Addressing question
Special Forums IP Networking Addressing question Post 302639473 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of May 2012 10:52:49 PM
Old 05-11-2012
The developer will have to use the ip addresses. Are you using dhcp to assign address?
He will also have to reboot his PC at home before he tries this.

What VPN do you have?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Addressing UDP datagrams in UNIX

I am having troble to send a UNIX datagram to a NT machine. I didn`t realize yet how to define the destination address on the sendto() function call.Simply writing "xxx.zz.yy.pp" for the IP and xxxx for the socket doesn´t work!!! Can anyone help me with that? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psilva
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

IP Addressing with Digital Unix

I'm trying to set up an IP address on a Digital Unix box. I would like to know the commands in order to do so. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavelyj
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Dual IP addressing

I have a Unix application server with an internet IP address on it for a gateway and a Unix web server with the Internet IP as well configured for its gateway. Now the problem I have is this: due to these gateways, the application server can't communicate with our internal LAN. Therefore, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

scsi floppy drive addressing

Does anyone know of a site that documents the various addressing schemes used with SCSI floppy disk drives? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drew_Harrison
5 Replies

5. Linux

Linux IP addressing Problem

hello, we are having a LAN of about 100 nodes each installed with windows 2000. the default gateway ip address of each system has been assigned the IP of a personal router which connects us to the internet. and offcourse there are a few DNS address also. the ip address range from 192.168.1.1 to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

addressing variable content...

I want to address a variable content whose name is/matches the content of a given other variable. i.e. set name=´sam´ set ${name}_age=´27´ So, by typing: echo ${name}_age I correctly obtain: sam_age By typing: echo $sam_age or echo ${sam_age} I correctly obtain: 27 But how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobolev
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Electronic Mail Addressing

"A Directory of Electronic Mail Addressing & Networks" by Donnalyn Frey and Rick Adams (O'Reilly & Associates, 1993), Xerox Grapevine, DECNET. The book tells about lots of different ways to present an email address. What i know of are Internet (user@host), UUCP (host!user) and DECNET (host::user)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
2 Replies

8. Programming

Memory addressing question

Forgive me if this sounds like a newbie question. Any time you obtain a stack address from a pointer, what is this relative to by default? Is it the extra segment, the stack segment, what? How do you change change the relative positioning in memory? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

32 bit process addressing more than 4GB

Hello for all, I am testing the behavior of a 32 bit application running on Solaris 5.10 (SPARC), and realize it reaches 4GB of memory and then crashes. It doesn't matter the amount of used memory as application is intended to perform many transactions; rather, what I want to achieve is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leito7824
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.12.1 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3)