Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell/Perl logic for loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell/Perl logic for loop Post 302639201 by preethgideon on Friday 11th of May 2012 10:22:08 AM
Old 05-11-2012
Thanks Anchal and Scrutinizer. I tried to modify your code, It's throwing some bad rows. If you don't mind can you please modify the row according to this requirement?

File 1

Code:
900 |PINE  |00000003

----------------------------------------------------------------------
File 2

Code:
C|00000003|AAAAAAA.1
C|00000004|BBBBBBB.1

----------------------------------------------------------------------

File3 - /tmp/ContractsDetails.txt
Code:
123|AAAAAAA.1|XYZ|123.56|Yes
123|BBBBBBB.1|ABC|456.67|NO
333|BCDCDC.2|DBC|456.67|YES

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-11-2012 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or PERL Logic

Hello All, Currently i am working on a logic in PERL scripting ... But i am sort of stuck up, can any one please help. Here goes. 1. Search for a pattern in a file 2. If the pattern matched lets say 10 lines 2.1 Reterive the first line and check for another pattern 2.1.1 if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop Logic

I would need to with making while loop logic working in shell program when I am new into the shell programing 1) I would need to try to get the file from the remote side ----need to try 15 mins apart for 4 times and terminate the program if file is not available.... I would need to know how I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sambakamba
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop logic with multiple parameters

hi, unix wizards, i have a question about the logic of my inner for loop below. first, what i am trying to do is to write a script called create_account that automatically creates mysql accounts. the user can provide a user_name or a group_id as an argument (and the script can take multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankimo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop logic inside of an inline redirect?

i need to log the feedback from the ftp server as i'm performing some deletes. the only way i know of to do this is with the inline redirect << EOF ... but from there to the closing EOF, it's like i'm at the ftp command prompt, so I don't know how to have ksh script logic in there I have an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlavoie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass shell-vars into perl for input loop

I need to process a file line-by-line using some value from a shell variable Something like:perl -p -e 's/$shell_srch/$shell_replace/g' input.txt I can't make the '-s' work in the '-p' or '-n' input loop (or couldn't find a syntaxis.) I have searched and found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if then else logic with while loop problem

Hi Friends, I have to do write a shell file based on one flag.If that flag value is 'N' then process look in $DATA are and the normal process continue.If vaule is 'P' then it check for the files in different location $CONV and move those file in $DATA area and rest of the process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop logic

Hi, Here I am trying to query database and check a value, if the value not matches then I wants to re-query the database.Once the value matches, I want to email the reqidstatus_log.txt file. Database query produces a file reqidstatus_log.txt which contains result. But the query not working as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsp217
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or Perl Loop Screenshot URLs

I am trying to capture screenshots from a huge list of URLs. I am able to manually capture images of individual pages; that is, I simply run the following command to get a screenshot of Foo.com $ python /path/to/screencapture.sh http://www.foo.com I want to modify the script so that instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)