Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell/Perl logic for loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell/Perl logic for loop Post 302639129 by preethgideon on Friday 11th of May 2012 08:50:06 AM
Old 05-11-2012
Yes. I clean up the the dupes before this step.

But point is that multiple guys will have the same subject.

Thanks and Regards,
Gideon.

---------- Post updated at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:14 PM ----------

I put a piece of code like this. But it's taking pretty long...perf wise the DB seems to be much faster. Need inputs.

Code:
rm -f /tmp/Cont.csv
for line in `cat /tmp/File1.csv`
do
    curr=`echo $line | cut -f2 -d "|"`
    rate=`grep $curr /tmp/File2 | cut -f1,2 -d "|"`
    if [ "$rate" != "" ]
    then
           echo $line "|" $rate >> /tmp/Cont.csv
    fi
done

---------- Post updated at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:19 PM ----------

Also I would need to repeat the same cycle for abother file as well which would taken eternity to complete.

Thanks and Regards,
Gideon.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-11-2012 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or PERL Logic

Hello All, Currently i am working on a logic in PERL scripting ... But i am sort of stuck up, can any one please help. Here goes. 1. Search for a pattern in a file 2. If the pattern matched lets say 10 lines 2.1 Reterive the first line and check for another pattern 2.1.1 if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop Logic

I would need to with making while loop logic working in shell program when I am new into the shell programing 1) I would need to try to get the file from the remote side ----need to try 15 mins apart for 4 times and terminate the program if file is not available.... I would need to know how I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sambakamba
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop logic with multiple parameters

hi, unix wizards, i have a question about the logic of my inner for loop below. first, what i am trying to do is to write a script called create_account that automatically creates mysql accounts. the user can provide a user_name or a group_id as an argument (and the script can take multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankimo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop logic inside of an inline redirect?

i need to log the feedback from the ftp server as i'm performing some deletes. the only way i know of to do this is with the inline redirect << EOF ... but from there to the closing EOF, it's like i'm at the ftp command prompt, so I don't know how to have ksh script logic in there I have an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlavoie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass shell-vars into perl for input loop

I need to process a file line-by-line using some value from a shell variable Something like:perl -p -e 's/$shell_srch/$shell_replace/g' input.txt I can't make the '-s' work in the '-p' or '-n' input loop (or couldn't find a syntaxis.) I have searched and found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if then else logic with while loop problem

Hi Friends, I have to do write a shell file based on one flag.If that flag value is 'N' then process look in $DATA are and the normal process continue.If vaule is 'P' then it check for the files in different location $CONV and move those file in $DATA area and rest of the process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop logic

Hi, Here I am trying to query database and check a value, if the value not matches then I wants to re-query the database.Once the value matches, I want to email the reqidstatus_log.txt file. Database query produces a file reqidstatus_log.txt which contains result. But the query not working as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsp217
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or Perl Loop Screenshot URLs

I am trying to capture screenshots from a huge list of URLs. I am able to manually capture images of individual pages; that is, I simply run the following command to get a screenshot of Foo.com $ python /path/to/screencapture.sh http://www.foo.com I want to modify the script so that instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
2 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)