Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BAT to SH help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BAT to SH help Post 302639125 by arod291 on Friday 11th of May 2012 08:37:47 AM
Old 05-11-2012
Corona688 I apologize for the subject text.

Basically I have a python script that calls this .sh script and passes arguments to it. These arguments show as %* after the PDFGenerator call. The .sh script has 2 lines of code only what it does in this line is, it calls the PDFGenerator java app passing the arguments that came from my python script to it. The java app returns some arguments that are set into the "args" variable. Then the 2nd line of code (which has already been tested with hardcoded values and works) calls another python script passing the "args" value to it.

here's my second line:
python PDFGenerator.py PDFGenerator 'hello world' <--- this would be my "args" variable.

What Chubler_XL posted does exactly what i want. Thank you Chubler_XL! And thank you all who replied!

Last edited by arod291; 05-11-2012 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Got my answer from a post!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q about windows bat files

Hi, can you run a windows bat file or a VBscript from a shell script? #!/bin/sh PATH=/ $PATH/test.bat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmac
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

one question for .bat file

Hi! I'm very sorry for such simple and silly question but I cannot answer it by myself. Can you please help me? In .bat file I should run the C program which is in other directory, and the input configuration file is in this directory too. This dir name is in dirRun variable. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a .bat file using KSH

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bat file

Hi guys, I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :) How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed: set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH% D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bat or .pl script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

.bat script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bat to shell

I have serverfiles of same game. and there are bat files. I wont to run this on debian. The files are difficult, eg :######################################################################## :# File name: server_start.bat :# Edited Last By: Mike Gleaves (ric) :# V 1.0 1-10-2008 :# Comment:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Qentinios
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bat file!!!

I need to put/get files from Windows machine to Unix machine and vice-versa. I wrote a text file "ftp1.txt" as below. naga naga06 cd /root/Naga prom off get time.unl bye I wrote another bat file "ftp.bat" as below. ftp -n -s:C:\Users\Naga\Desktop\ftp1.txt IP_ADDRESS but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies

10. Linux

Convert .sh to .bat please

Can someone translate this code to .bat for me? I have no clue. #!/bin/sh WAS_HOME="/opt/websphere/appserver/profiles/AppSrv01" WAS_APP_SERVER="server1" WAS_PROFILE_NAME="AppSrv01" echo "Stopping App Server" "${WAS_HOME}/bin/stopServer.sh" -profileName $WAS_PROFILE_NAME $WAS_APP_SERVER... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
1 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)