Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to move libraries to another server Post 302638825 by methyl on Thursday 10th of May 2012 06:33:15 PM
Old 05-10-2012
Short answer about simple portability: No.
What does the acronym RPM in mean in this context?

AIX 5.3 has a C compiler. Are you sure that your application only relies on C and not some runtime libraries.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Move root disk to new server

Hi, I need to do an installation where I have identical hardware at both sites and create the installation at one site and take the disk to the other site. Question: Do I need to do anything special for the OS to come up properly? thanks. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: VirginiaSA
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to shift/move DNS server ?

Its just a question arised in my mind. Suppose I have few DNS servers hosted in US and want to shift them to India or somewhere. I mean can we just clone same servers here and start them ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move file from 1 server to another

I have built out 2 servers on the same LAN. I'm connecting with ssh from my laptop remotely. I need to copy a file from one server to another. How do I do that? I'd also like to know how to copy a directory. thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: woody62
11 Replies

5. IP Networking

Dedicated Server Move

I just moved a dedicated server, which included moving to a new subnet, and new IP address. Now my server is not reconnecting - I've tried ifconfig, altering the etc/hosts file with the new ip address, with no luck. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmerika
5 Replies

6. AIX

Large file move from one server to another

I Have two AIX 5.3 servers. I want to move a 45GB file from Server B to Server A. Can I achieve this with using Tivoli? Or how could I achieve this, by mounting a directory from server B to server A? Any help apreciated! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
14 Replies

7. Red Hat

Move a LUN from one server to the other

I have NetApp LUN that was presented to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga) machine. But this LUN has already data, because it was being used on another server. I can see the new LUN when running fdisk: fdisk -l | egrep '^Disk' | egrep -v 'dm-' | grep -v identifier Disk... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
15 Replies
scap-as-rpm(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    scap-as-rpm(8)

NAME
scap-as-rpm - manual page for scap-as-rpm DESCRIPTION
usage: scap-as-rpm [-h] [--pkg-name PKG_NAME] [--pkg-version PKG_VERSION] [--pkg-release PKG_RELEASE] [--pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY] [--pkg-license PKG_LICENSE] [--pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION] [--rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION] [--srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION] FILE [FILE ...] Takes given SCAP input(s) and makes an RPM package that contains them. The result RPM can be installed using # yum install ./pack- age-name-1-1.rpm which will put the contents into /usr/share/xml/scap. No dependency on openscap or scapworkbench is enforced in the output package so you can use any SCAP-capable scanner to evaluate the content. positional arguments: FILE List of files that should be put into the result package. These should be SCAP XML files but such requirement is not enforced. optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --pkg-name PKG_NAME Name of the RPM package, if none is provided the basename of the first SCAP input is used. Ex.: xyzsecurity-guide --pkg-version PKG_VERSION --pkg-release PKG_RELEASE --pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY Optional short description of the package. --pkg-license PKG_LICENSE Short name of the license that you want to publish the package under. Ex.: GPLv2+, BSD, ... --pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION Folder where SCAP files are supposed to be installed. Each package will have its own folder inside this folder. RPM variables can be used and will be expanded as usual. It is recommended to keep the default settings. --rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result RPM shall be saved. --srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result SRPM shall be saved. scap-as-rpm November 2013 scap-as-rpm(8)