Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sort the files on their name and then the timestamp using Perl Post 302638575 by shamrock on Thursday 10th of May 2012 11:57:53 AM
Old 05-10-2012
Post an exact sample of the input and the expected output...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort file on timestamp and a alphabetic code in it

Hi, I have files like ER08EVENTDC080911232324.txt ER08EVENTCD080911232323.txt ER08EVENTCD080910222222.txt ER08EVENTCD080910130245.txt ER08EVENTAA080910130245.txt ER08EVENTAA080910232000.txt ER08EVENTAA080911015005.txt ER08EVENTAA080910130150.txt ER08EVENTAA080910232010.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshada
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort for timestamp information-YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

Dear all, Please advice how do I sort a file based on timestamp information. I want to sort the second column in asc/desc order which has timestamp information in format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS Example File - Input.txt contains cat ss.txt 100|2009-03-30 11:38:43 141|2009-06-01 12:12:01... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script which will sort all the files in a directory with the timestamp they were created

Team, Pls help writing a shell script which will sort all the files in a directory with the timestamp they were created. (like ls -lrt) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asappidi
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the files based on timestamp and execute sorted files in order

Hi I have a requirement like below I need to sort the files based on the timestamp in the file name and run them in sorted order and then archive all the files which are one day old to temp directory My files looks like this PGABOLTXML1D_201108121235.xml... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saidutta123
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort grep result based on timestamp?

Hi, Trying to sort grep result based on timestamp of the filename. I have the following result and want to sort them on timestampgrep -i 'ERROR' *log*2013* s_m_xxx_xxx_xxx_xxx_xxxx.log.20130906092431:TRANSF_1_1_1> DBG_21216 Finished transformations for Source Qualifier . Total errors ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort the timestamp in the filename in shell script?

originally the shellscript #ln_file_name=`echo $ld_interface_date"_"${8}".csv"` #ln_file_name=`echo 201202011527_HL_HLTM1_B04A.csv` ln_file_name="*"`echo ${7}".csv"` get_file_list_1=$log_path"tm1_file_list.gfl1" cd ${source_path} echo "Try to find any file exist in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: feilhk
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort Unique Column with the most recent timestamp

Hello, I have a sample file with the below contents : Backup Oracle8_P112_PEGA_Archivedel Completed full 10/11/2015 03:50:06PM Backup Oracle8_G567_PEGA_Archivedel Completed full 10/11/2015 01:15:56PM Backup Oracle8_P112_PEGA_Archivedel Completed full ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and sort by timestamp

Used below command to get list of files sorted by timestamp find -L . -type f -name '*dat*' | xargs ls -ltrg I want to get only the filenames so I tried adding basename but it doenst work , can some one advise on how to get only file name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
1 Replies
XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr(3pm)

NAME
XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr - Implementation class used by XML::Filter::Sort DESCRIPTION
The documentation is targetted at developers wishing to extend or replace this class. For user documentation, see XML::Filter::Sort. Two classes are used to implement buffering records and spooling them back out in sorted order as SAX events. One instance of the XML::Filter::Sort::Buffer class is used to buffer each record and one or more instances of the XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr class are used to manage the buffers. API METHODS
The API of this module as used by XML::Filter::Sort::Buffer consists of the following sequence of method calls: 1. When the first 'record' in a sequence is encountered, XML::Filter::Sort creates a XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr object using the "new()" method. 2. XML::Filter::Sort calls the buffer manager's "new_buffer()" method to get a XML::Filter::Sort::Buffer object and all SAX events are directed to this object until the end of the record is encountered. The following events are supported by the current buffer implementation: start_element() characters() comment() processing_instruction() end_element() 3. When the end of the record is detected, XML::Filter::Sort calls the buffer manager's "close_buffer()" method, which in turn calls the buffer's "close()" method. The "close()" method returns a list of values for the sort keys and the buffer manager uses these to store the buffer for later recall. Subsequent records are handled as per step 2. 4. When the last record has been buffered, XML::Filter::Sort calls the buffer manager's "to_sax()" method. The buffer manager retrieves each of the buffers in sorted order and calls the buffer's "to_sax()" method. Each buffer attempts to match the sort key paths as SAX events are received. Once a value has been found for a given key, that same path match is not attempted against subsequent events. For efficiency, the code to match each key is compiled into a closure. For even more efficiency, this compilation is done once when the XML::Filter::Sort object is created. The "compile_matches()" method in the buffer manager class calls the "compile_matches()" method in the buffer class to achieve this. DATA STRUCTURES
In the current implementation, the XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr class simply uses a hash to store the buffer objects. If only one sort key was defined, only a single hash is required. The values in the hash are arrayrefs containing the list of buffers for records with identical keys. If two or more sort keys are defined, the hash values will be XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr objects which in turn will contain the buffers. The following illustration may clarify the relationship (BM=buffer manager, B=buffer): BM +----------------+---------------+ | | BM BM +-----+--------+ +-----+----------+ | | | | BM BM BM BM +-----+----+ +----+------+ +----+----+ +------+------+ | | | | | | | | | | | | [B,B,B] [B] [B,B] [B] [B,B] [B,B,B] [B] [B,B] [B] [B,B] [B,B,B] [B,B] This layered storage structure is transparent to the XML::Filter::Sort object which instantiates and interacts with only one buffer manager (the one at the top of the tree). COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002 Grant McLean <grantm@cpan.org> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2002-06-14 XML::Filter::Sort::BufferMgr(3pm)