Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Do I post to Homework forum if learning on own Post 302638555 by vbe on Thursday 10th of May 2012 11:45:06 AM
Old 05-10-2012
Welcome on board!

I would say it depends on the sort of question :
If it looks too much like an assignment work, dont take the risk to find your thrad closed or get banned...
But dont forget to mention the source of your homework (book chapter page...) instead of classs etc...
e.g. in assignment you are often asked to work with restriction (using only given commands...)
The rest should be asked in dummies (IMHO) if related to "Howto" or shell programming
if you submit a shell script that is not working correctly...

Waiting to read your first post then!

All the best

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Homework Help: On Posting Questions: Any and all high school and undergraduate homework assignments or textbook style exercises for which you are seeking assistance are to be posted only in our Homework & Coursework Questions area--not in blogs, visitor messages, PMs, or the main technical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

forum to post availability for work?

Hello. Is there a forum to post my availability for work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douglaskbell
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Not getting any option to post a Forum

Hi All, can anybody suggest, what steps i should follow to post a forum, i am able to post a thread, and also my account is registered. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

This forum is closed for new thread ... post here.

This forum is closed for new threads. Please post in this forum: UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can you suggest a better forum to post?

Hello! I posted twice on issues I'm having getting the latest GCC compiler to compile ( "Command failed for target 'check-recursive' error" in the Solaris forum and "Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library" in the UNIX for Beginners... forum) with zero responses. After many hours of beating my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

About Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Hi, in my case, I have a question for topics that are slightly dealt with in class, which I am investigating on my own but which are not directly related to the lessons. Do I have to put the name of the school and others? (I can't put the name of the professor because is against the school rules... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naky
2 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a variable assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Apr 1994 times(1)