Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Need HP unix documentation for beginner Post 302638217 by krsnadasa on Thursday 10th of May 2012 03:48:53 AM
Old 05-10-2012
Need HP unix documentation for beginner

Hello All,

I am working in HP unix since 5 years on application and support. But in order to get opportunity out side i need to learn admintration Can somebody help me to guide hot start for this. Do we have any doc(pdf) to start with.

Thanks
Krsnadasa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX beginner - I need help please

Hi my name is Jenny. I'm a very very big beginner with UNIX. I've made Forms on my website, but need to add CGI to compliment them. Presently, I don't have a host that supports UNIX. Is there anywhere I can connect to a UNIX session for free? If so, will they most likely have the latest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JennyW
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix Online Documentation

help would be appreciated, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KSH UNIX documentation

Hello, I am looking for a general KSH UNIX documentation on the web. Would you have an URL ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filippo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Security in Unix - Documentation

Hello, I'm trying to find a Unix documentation about security! I mean I nead something very complex and complete, not just a document about kerberos, a document about securing against atack ... or others like those. I woulde like if exists, a documentation based on levels of security and expanding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: octav
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeking UNIX documentation

Hi, I am looking for documentation (PDF, DOC, books, web ...) about UNIX scripts. What could you advice me ? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filippo
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix installation documentation

I need to install unix (sun solaries) on my machine. Could you please send me the documentation regarding unix (sun solaries) installation. Regards, Rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Unix software & documentation.

I need to install unix sun solaries software on my machine. But i don't have software & documentation to install on my system. Could you please send me the free software and documentation regarding unix sun solaries? Regards, rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Books for Beginner

Hi, I am a beginner and I want to learn Unix, so I want to buy a good unix books. Here's a few books that I think can be useful, but I nned you suggestion and comments. 1. Beginning UNIX by Wrox 2. Mastering Unix by Katherine Wrightson, Joseph Merlino, .. 3. Unix in a Nutshell, Fourth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wizzkid
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Beginner needs help

how do i implement a script that asks user to input a word. it should ask for input a word continuously until the word is longer than 5 characters then stop. this is what i have so far #!/bin/bash read -p "enter word" word1 while ; do echo "continue" done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcusstar10
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online UNIX intermediate level documentation

Hi, Can maybe some of the UNIX-guys recommend an online UNIX intermediate level documentation with examples (not too dry :-). More the post-beginner level, for someone who has to play around with files and directories, with chmod, grep, sed, a little awk maybe... bw, Omar KN (once tasted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
2 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)