Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible? Post 302638199 by sciacca75 on Thursday 10th of May 2012 02:47:26 AM
Old 05-10-2012
ok it's clear....NIM 7.1 needs
Code:
bos.alt_disk_install.rte 7.1

But it's better:

Add bos.alt_disk_install.rte 7.1 to spot 6.1 and use spot 6.1 for nimadm:

Code:
nim -o cust -a filesets=bos.alt_disk_install.rte -a lpp_source=lpp_7103 spot_6100
nimadm  -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y

Or using spot 7.1 in nimadm:
Code:
nimadm  -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_7103 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y

I need in the end upgrade my NIM client sap024 from 5.3 to 6.1.
Thansk for your support

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to migrate UP-UX shell scripts to AIX 5.2

Hello, We would to migrate some shell scripts (korn shell) from HP-UX to AIX 5.2 I would know: - If the HP-UX scripts work as well in AIX? - If no, is there a migration tool to detect incompatible lines in scripts? - How do proceed? Our scripts do: - Loads data in Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: P026687
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM server setup (AIX 5.3)

Hi, I'a a new member here. My company just bought p570 with 8 LPAR (previously we have p650 with 4 LPAR). Did anyone have procedure how to setup NIM server (NIM LPAR) and how to install other new LPAR to use the NIM server (as client). Appreciate your help and thank you very much. Rgds, David (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshg
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX NIM backup with Firewall

Hi- I'm using NIM functionality (AIX5.3) to backup all AIX Servers but some Servers are in the DmZ and many tcpip ports (nfs, ping,etc...) should be open and... it's really a security risks! As anyone experience about NIM Backup through Firewall? Which tcpip ports should be open? Could we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nymus7
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to install/ migrate AIX through remote login

How to install/ migrate AIX through remote login (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
1 Replies

5. AIX

aix-configure nim client

:b:Hi... I need help to configure nim client on nim server.. can i define aix 5.3.4.0 on aix 5.3.7.0 nim server.. while i m configuring nim client on nim server its getting msg that images not same.. i need to confirm that both version should be same or not.. Thanks.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
5 Replies

6. AIX

Migrating a NIM Server to AIX 6.1

Guys, We are planning to upgrade one of our NIM server to AIX 6.1 from 5.3... Since the server itself is a NIM Server we can't perform it via NIM & I'm choosing to do CD install.. The Install method would be Upgrade installation. Is there anything special that I need to consider before... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
5 Replies

7. AIX

AIX NIM installation

Could you please let me know, if it is possible to have NIM server running on one volume group and other applications like oracle running on other volume group. Do we need to have a dedicated server for only AIX NIM server?. I am new to AIX and planning to install NIM server on a test server. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
3 Replies

8. AIX

sysback with aix over NIM

HELLO ALL i have installed aix 6.2 , and install sysback 6.1 over Nim , and cinfigure it by Nim AND sysback smitty menu with create spot and lppsource and make TSM configration for that, i take image backup(installation image) successfully but when i want to restore this image , the boot cycle... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nancy_ghawanmeh
5 Replies

9. AIX

AIX LVM migrate lp

Hi, I have questions about unix AIX's lvm. Is there some problem to do migrate lp into a mirrored vg or should i break the mirror before? Is necessary to run reorgvg after I migrate lp ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfastar
1 Replies

10. AIX

Migrate AIX to new Hardware

Hello Friends/AIXgurus, When you have time, could you please look into below. We're planning to migrate AIX LPARs on to new Hardware. Requirement: Migrate AIX LPARs from POWER 6 to POWER 8 Hardware (*everything should run as is after the transition) Below is our thought process. Ours... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)