Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Ok i have a small assembly question Post 302638125 by Errigour on Thursday 10th of May 2012 01:11:56 AM
Old 05-10-2012
Quote:
Are you sure about this...because to me it reads that "Receive" is a label for a single byte that holds the decimal number 30. If you need "Receive" to be a 30 byte buffer then you need to do something like...

Code:
Receive db 30 dup('$')
Is there a lower level way to add '$' to the end of receive?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

small question

Hi there, I found the following script on the net, i like to use it as a standard template for new scripts. But i do not understand the meaning of the last line, can anybody explain what going on on the last line vflag=off filename= while getopts vf: opt do case "$opt" in v)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: janr
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

small question of echo | grep command

Hi, i've got the following: a=`echo $b | grep '^.*/'` i'm storing in the variable the value of the variable b only if it has a / somewhere. It works, but i don't want to print the value. How do i give the value of b to the grep command without the echo? thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

small question regarding substr()

Hello.. I am doing some awk-ing and among all I use substr inside it.. I have: ....substr($0,60,37) meaning as U all know take from 37 char. from point 60.. can I put it like this substr($0,60,end of line) meaning take it from point 60 and take all characketrs in that line until line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A small minix question

First af all hi. i want to create a batch script which inform when users log in last time on system or if they are online when they logged in. I want ot use a file .users which has the usernames of users. i want to print for example peter is ONLINE: Logged in on Wed Feb 11 07:47 alex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasa
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Small question regarding SSH

I am looking for some model like this: My Computer ------------- Intermediate Server (IS) ------------- Own Server I must be able to ssh into the Intermediate Internet Server which is generally an online version of SSH service through which I will connect to Own Server. I was the IS to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

6. Programming

A small question about file descriptor

Can any body tell me when I put close(2), why the code does not show any out put? #include <stdio.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <errno.h> int main(){ int fd1,fd2,fd3,fd4; close(2); fd1=open("test1.txt",O_WRONLY |O_CREAT | O_TRUNC,0744); fprintf(stderr,"fd1 = %d\n",fd1); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
5 Replies

7. Programming

A small question about fork()

Hello experts, I am using fork() in my code but I am confused which output comes first child or parent? I did the following code .My book shows parent first but my linux shows child first.Can anyone tell me why? #include <stdio.h> int main(){ int pid; printf("I am original process with pid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small fast question

just to confirm du from sh show sizes as multiples of 512 byte right? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
4 Replies

9. Programming

vga assembly question

Im trying to make a vga program for linux Im wondering if anyone knows of a simple document on the subject or if someone could show me some basics. What system calls should I use what parameters should I give them. How do I draw a line of pixels green after in vga mode. I prefer nasm but I can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sparc Assembly

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am having a hard time with this assignement i cant get the pfib value to print out the fib sequence. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenjiro310
1 Replies
AS(1)							      General Commands Manual							     AS(1)

NAME
as - assembler SYNOPSIS
as [ - ] [ -o objfile ] file ... DESCRIPTION
As assembles the concatenation of the named files. If the optional first argument - is used, all undefined symbols in the assembly are treated as global. The output of the assembly is left on the file objfile; if that is omitted, a.out is used. It is executable if no errors occurred during the assembly, and if there were no unresolved external references. FILES
/lib/as2 pass 2 of the assembler /tmp/atm[1-3]? temporary a.out object SEE ALSO
ld(1), nm(1), adb(1), a.out(5) UNIX Assembler Manual by D. M. Ritchie DIAGNOSTICS
When an input file cannot be read, its name followed by a question mark is typed and assembly ceases. When syntactic or semantic errors occur, a single-character diagnostic is typed out together with the line number and the file name in which it occurred. Errors in pass 1 cause cancellation of pass 2. The possible errors are: ) Parentheses error ] Parentheses error < String not terminated properly * Indirection used illegally . Illegal assignment to `.' a Error in address b Branch instruction is odd or too remote e Error in expression f Error in local (`f' or `b') type symbol g Garbage (unknown) character i End of file inside an if m Multiply defined symbol as label o Word quantity assembled at odd address p `.' different in pass 1 and 2 r Relocation error u Undefined symbol x Syntax error BUGS
Syntax errors can cause incorrect line numbers in following diagnostics. PDP11 AS(1)